Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 02-23-2003, 09:53 AM

ldzielak is on a distinguished road

Steve,

Looks, well, no words come to me. What size is the pump? I'm interested to see your flow diagram. I had bad luck with the sponge technique, maybe you will have better luck.

Lee
Old 02-23-2003, 05:02 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I have never had a problem with the sponge, I just shut down my old one that was running for 6 months last night and it was fine. what kinda sponge were you using?

anyways as for the flow patteren it was the result of a bad dream I had (maby after eatting to much pizza :shock: ) here is a pic of the inside of the box.

by ever account this is a single tube 24" tall reactor with a box on the bottom to increase the amount of water available to be cirulated. Basicly I just cut it in half and plumbed it so it would still act as a single tube. I just wanted the lower hight.. the totaly hight of the unit is 18"

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:33 PM

BCOrchidGuy is on a distinguished road

Okay so I've built my own Ca reactor, got it all ready except I can't find those small valves to control the ammount of water leaving the thing.... Where pray tell did you find them?....

The little valve with the blue finger handle thing.....
Old 04-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

The blue finger handle thing is a John Guest valve. Call around to various plumbing supply shops
Old 04-05-2003, 07:02 PM

Excellent thanks for the info....
Old 04-07-2003, 06:16 PM

Brad, I've been calling around and no one knows what I'm talking about, so I describe it, .... anyway, $10 each..... I was at Revy and took a look in the gardening area at the automatic watering systems, I bought a Raindrip Micro Irrigation fix it kit that has a ton of stuff, including mini inline drippers that are colour coded, Red is 1/2 gph Black is 1 GPH, they also include Pressure compensating drippers, again Red is 1/2 gph, Black is 1 gph and Green is 2 gph.
It also comes with a ton of other stuff, which I can use for my orchids, btw... the part count for the drippers are 2 of each colour in both the inline dripper and the pressure compensating dripper, and if I really want to get tiny changes in my drip rate, I can use either the 1/4 turn adjustable one, or the 1/2 turn or the full turn rotary one... very cool find
Old 04-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Actually, I use the irrigation drippers myself. Much cheaper thatn John Guest valves!!
Old 04-08-2003, 12:02 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I was using the microdripers untill I changed it.. the reason I changed it.. the microdrippers slowly clog up over time so you have to stay on top of that .

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.