Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 10-07-2007, 02:44 AM

Zylumn is on a distinguished road

Go to a vacuum store and buy double lined vac hosing. Cheap and far tougher and comes in 1 1/4 and 1 1/2" diameter and you can buy by the foot.
Kevin
Old 10-07-2007, 05:29 AM

cole004 is on a distinguished road

I paid $40.00 for my Gate valve at Southern Drip Irrigation in Chilliwack 1 1/4
they will have most stuff you need if you feel like coming out this far.

Equip - 90G, 20G Sump, Coralife Super Skimmer 65, Drilled mag 18 return, Closed loop[ w/ Mag 5, 2 Hydor Flow - Rotating Water Deflector and Wave Maker, 2 Hydor Koralia1 & 1 Hydor Koralia3. 40bls live rock, 2 48" Aqualight PFO w/ T8's

Livestock - flame angel, yellow tang. maroon clown, blue devil damsel, 5 b/g chromis - 3 Anthelia, 1 feather dusters, 3 hairy mushrooms, watermelon mushroom, many crabs & snails
Old 10-07-2007, 05:35 AM

honkey sauce is on a distinguished road

yep southern drip is where its at
Old 10-07-2007, 05:58 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkey sauce View Post
yep southern drip is where its at

Uhhhh, not when a Gate Valve is double the price!

I think this place will work. I spoke to the owner and he is going to get whatever I need and personally deliver it to my door for free (he does this for large orders). Sounds like he basically goes through the suppliers and does not mark stuff up too much. Thanks for all the suggestions though!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:16 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

You might want to consider just getting some ABS fittings for the 90s, 45s, tees, caps, etc. as long as it's not going to be a pressurized system. Bigger sized ABS is easy to find, cheap and you can glue it to the PVC with transition glue. I order my fittings from Andrew Sheret's at a wholesale discount so I can't help you out on cheaper places because I never shop anywhere else.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 10-07-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
You might want to consider just getting some ABS fittings for the 90s, 45s, tees, caps, etc. as long as it's not going to be a pressurized system. Bigger sized ABS is easy to find an cheap and you can glue it to the PVC with transition glue. I order the rest of my fittings from Andrew Sheret's at a wholesale discount so I can't help you out on cheaper places because I never shop anywhere else.
Yeah I was going to go ABS with the fittings because Home Depot has them all in the right sizes and cheap. I even bought the PVC/ABS transition cement already. I also had planned to use the ABS inside my tank because I like the black colour. I may still go this route.

As for Andrew Sheret, do they sell to the public? The lady I spoke to on the phone said not PVC stuff. She claimed I had to buy large amounts. This is the one Near Broadway and Main. They seem to have terrible customer service too. I called about three times on different days and they said they would call me back and each time, never did. I had heard they were good though...
Old 10-08-2007, 01:52 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Andrew Sherets should sell to walk-in public customers. I have an account with them but I frequently see joe schmoe in there buying a few fittings here and there, or some micro-irrigation parts to repair a broken system. There's also one in Richmond - close to Golf Town. That one is pretty close to Vancouver if you can get a lift and they might have a friendlier receptionist.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 10-08-2007, 11:33 PM

What about PVC cutters? Where is a good spot to pick these up? I need some that will cut up to 2" stuff. I have never seen them before, how much do they usually cost?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Find yourself one of those pipe cutters with the little cutting wheels. I have one that cuts up to 2" pipe and it was well worth the $50 investment. Hell, if I only had to plumb one tank ever, it'd be worth it.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
Find yourself one of those pipe cutters with the little cutting wheels. I have one that cuts up to 2" pipe and it was well worth the $50 investment. Hell, if I only had to plumb one tank ever, it'd be worth it.
Yeah I think those are the "PVC cutters" Im talking about. I just have not been able to find them in town here.