Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-09-2003, 04:20 AM

GinKu is on a distinguished road

hum i think i would have to tell them i bought it in calgary cuz big al just opened recently in edmonton
Old 01-09-2003, 04:48 AM

Canadian Man is on a distinguished road

One suggestion for you guys, considering I deal with this crap daily.
When you go into Edmonton's BigAl's you may want to tell them your name is Alan's because Bigals in Calgary has all the purchases on computer so when you tell them you purchased the pump in Calgary about 9 months ago, they will most likley call the Calgary BigAl's to confirm and If the info is correct they you should get a new pump on the spot as it's an important part of your system. If they call and the info is not correct you are SOL. The other benifit to this is if they can see that the pump was purchased 9 months ago, and your name happens to be Alan, then you have it good. Most Large manufactures are now asking for the origional reciept to be sent back with the defective products. The store/shop's word is no longer good enough.....because of situations like this that I am helping you with.

Disclaimer; In no way am I promoting lying or giving out info on how to cheet the system. I am just giving you hints on Hypathetical situations that may have or do happen to me every day.
-----------------------------------
www.cakerybakery.ca
Old 01-09-2003, 08:04 AM

Gazza is on a distinguished road

It might be worth calling Rainbow Plastics direct. Tell them the problem and see if they will authorize a replacement at the store of your choice. It will not be the first pump they've seen with an exploded from the inside look to it. I've had a couple that looked like a can of beer that was left in the freezer. They are a great pump, buy have also had some problems like this. However, they have replaced pumps for me in the past, so I would not hesitate in buying them again. good luck....
Gazza
Old 01-09-2003, 09:18 PM

GinKu is on a distinguished road

Gazza

the problem is that i bought it from alan the warranty only works from the original purchaser
so if big al doesn't accept it here in edmonton i think i would have to send it to calgary but i really need a pump as of now my tank is ugly[/quote]