Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 09-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

I put three of these in the reef but can only see one wish I had the money to put 20

full shot after redecor

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 09-12-2007, 10:46 AM

Diana is on a distinguished road

How are those angels getting on together? Did you add them all pretty much at the same time?

We tried to add a French in with our Queen in the 210, it didnt work out so well. We will try again with a slower acclimation (putting the new fish in a little see-through box within the tank). But we're thinking that cus the queen has been in there so long by himself he wont allow other angels in.

-Diana

Old 09-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Likes to play with Fish

Diana- they all get along great!

I started with the juvi french which was small then went with a bit larger majestic and then large emporer then queen and so on but it really helps to go bigger depending on character of fish what I mean by that is agressive is it? Most of my angels are dosile with the odd show of dominance here and there but I think there was never an issue with all of them because every new arrival was alittle bigger. The queen angel was 5th to go in at first shy but soon to be the agressor of the tank because she's the largest of the bunch however the king or passer is still in transformation and he was second last to be put in so smaller fish can be put in after larger.
From my observation larger fish usually leave juvi's alone but with french angel's no matter the size they have a mentality that they are invincible which often get's them in hot water they are however very resilliant often I would see it pick ich off the emporer and even other fish. Maybe the french you got never ate? the next time you try to put another french in make sure he's a decent size maybe half the queen that way he'll have more of a chance. If he start's eating after a week which they all usually do then it shouldn't be a problem if you have any more questions pls feel free to ask!
Over the last few months I've been chatting with other people on fowlers and wondering how they can get all their angels to get along and really it's a science but through expeirence is how we learn.

I forgot to add one more thing you can also remove the queen and put it in another tank for a week or until your new angel gets established in it's new home then introduce it back again that will work forsure so far I haven't had to resort to that thank god I'm lucky.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 09-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Likes to play with Fish

whoo hoo some new corals I bought last week went on a huge spending spree just couldn't resist the tonga shipment that arrived.

sally light foot crab can anyone id the pink coral in the background never seen it before?

new hyper orange ric and 4 gobies chillaxin

new purple tip sps colony right hand side

since the transfer to the new tank the sps has been brown and stressed out until a week ago they started colouring back up thx to c-balance and purple up!

and another new sps colony green polyp

Old 09-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Likes to play with Fish

2 more new sps colony 1 tonga blue polyp encrusting monti and a tricolour sps colony behind it with a wierd yellow plant or coral thingy attached to the side of it

baby blue green mouth acan

sky blue acan with green and purple both acans were in rough shape but I have faith that they can fully heal up, noticed that these are far more resiliant than other corals for recovery

yet another clam which puts me at three and a red stripe goby cute little bugger hehe

Last edited by tang daddy; 09-25-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Likes to play with Fish

new livestock it must be blue September.

blue striped lobster if you look closely you can see pink hues from it's antenna.

and a scooter, guy was black in the store I guess they blend in with their sorrounding's anyhow I was getting alittle worried he died cause I didn't see him for a few days, changed out my micron bag only to find him hangin to the side for deer life well actually just ridin a storm pulled him out and placed him in the tank. Why do all the newbies eng up in my sump?

Old 09-25-2007, 05:44 PM

ref leppard is on a distinguished road
Default new stuff

Stop! I thought you are saving money for your new place!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:43 PM

sNApple is on a distinguished road

hey update pics!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:23 AM
Likes to play with Fish

well almost all sps now except for a few cool pcs here are some more colonies

Old 11-11-2007, 04:25 AM
Likes to play with Fish