Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-03-2007, 06:58 AM

justinl is on a distinguished road

I cant speak for everyone, but i for one, still respect you as a person Andresont. our opinions define much of who we are, and we are as unique as we like to be. no one has the right to fault you for believeing any differently.

I do agree that the concept of war is cyclic and in the end solves nothing at all of importance. I also agree that there are always two sides of the story, and that most hear only their own. Im not innocent either. I only hear one side, but in the back of my noggin, there's always a voice reminding me that the window im looking through can be viewed from both sides.

that said, i do still support the troops themselves. I even feel for the "enemy" who are simply sheep following orders. many would be shot for doing otherwise. I highly doubt any soldier actually enjoys risking his or her life and taking the lives of others (granted there are a few nutjobs who just happen to have a gun and a fistful of power). the fact that so many pay the ultimate price on our behalf is something i cant even begin to fully comprehend. but i know that that is something i will never take for granted.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned

andresont is on a distinguished road

I am surprised some one actually reading this,
Thank you for that.
I lost my loved ones in August of 2001 not in WW2 just FYI, it was very recently. Took a lot of therapy to get over it.

Honestly I think every body will agree that we prefer children to draw flowers and space shuttles instead of nuclear clouds what a nightmare...
of course I am not special in any way just one regular Joe.

May be I need to think more and try to figure out how can one be against the war but support those who goes to war or even volunteers. I can understand brain washing concept on both sides but beyond that it just does not compute.

Thank you for not throwing rocks at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyB View Post
I grew up with war. My parents lost relatives, not just in world war II but due to suicide from the results of.

My closest brother, 14 years older than me, had friends I remember dearly. I still remember his friend Frank Delmark volunteering for Vietnam (Canadian) and coming home in a body bag one month later. My brother used to draw...and I could draw those nuclear clouds pretty good at my young age.

Why do you think you are so special Andresont as to not have to experience this?? Would you just bow down and give up your rights so easily?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:37 PM

hawk is on a distinguished road

Supporting the troops and supporting the war are two different things. In the US any opposing political views are portrayed as "not supporting the troops" and un-patriotic. Some may even call that propaganda. As the two wars drag on this rhetoric finally seems to be falling on deaf ears in America. I hope that we in Canada do not let our political leaders get away with trying (continuing) the same argument of equating the two. Our troops of today and yesterday deserve all the support and gratitude we can give them, the vast majority of Canadians feel the same way. The domestic debate of whether the war is justified will continue for years, let's force the politicos to hash it out on it's merits and not use a phony argument as a way of dividing the country.