Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-14-2007, 05:14 PM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

Hi Ruth

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.
This has been a very cruel winter for many of us. In our first power outage I lost one of my favorite angels a Cherub. He was one of the main characters in my tanks. I was extremely lucky not to lose even more. At 4:30 AM just before the power came on I was visualizing lossing everything and I felt sick. Even though their are other characters that I didn't lose, there is still something missing when I look into my tank. It is funny on Boxing Day I purchased a Scots Fairy Wrasse and he jumped out of the tank the next day. He was a loss however his is just not missed like the Cherub a character who had been around for 3 or 4 years.

Tom R
Old 01-14-2007, 05:17 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

Sorry this has happened to you.

It could happen to any of us.

If there were some sort of battery-powered alarm that goes off when power is cut, it would help prevent this type of accident.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Skimmer Juice is on a distinguished road

Ruth Iam sorry to hear about this. I know how you feel, I get more upset when a fish dies than when I hear about people dieing. I had the same thing happen with my dogface puffer but I woke up for some reason and caught them just as they were have breathing problems, both fish pulled through. I wish you good luck in the future. R.I.P for your fish
Old 01-14-2007, 05:25 PM

Chin_Lee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chin_Lee
Default bad season

i agree this has been a bad season for many of us this year. Very sorry to hear about those fishes.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Sorry about your loss Ruth. I guess many of us can relate and know how you feel. Its amazing how fragile the worlds we create for our friends really is.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:40 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

hang in there ruth. we all feel for you. dont give up, you are too good at the hobby. i can only imagine how discouraging it must be but keep your chin up.

my tank setup
Old 01-14-2007, 05:44 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Really sorry to hear that, Ruth. Like everyone else says.. hang in there, and don't give up. Take a breather.. Again, my sympathies.. I can't imagine how devastating this must be.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:49 PM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

Thank you for all your kind words everyone.
I know that I should keep going but really I don't feel like it. I have the lights off on this tank right now as I can't even bear to look in it although I am going to have to soon as I have not recovered the body of my Elvis yet (can't even see it so I am going to have to rip the rock out)
I still think I will tear this tank down but will have to find a home for the Naso first cause he is just too big to go in any of my other tanks with the current inhabitants. Also not sure about the anemones.
I'll see how I feel tomorrow and just take it from there I guess.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:00 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Very sad to hear Ruth , I can relate to your wanting to give up. Just awhile ago I lost just about everything, some fish I've had for several years and all my corals. needless to say the $$$$ that was spent and the guilt from feeling responsible. But after some encouragement from fellow reefers and that little voice in the back of my mind I continued on. So after somemore $$$$ and growing new attachments to some new fish/coral I'm really glad I continued on. So keep your chin up and listen to your fellow reefers Lots of support here. (still waiting to get my corals shipped )

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Aww Ruth, I'm so sorry to hear this. Give it awhile, eventually you'll feel like continuing on.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.