Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 08-12-2006, 04:31 AM

anglfish is on a distinguished road

The JBJ 24G Nano Cube comes with Hood and lights and has a built-in "sump"/seperation for the skimmer and filter. So all I need is a decent table/cupboard that is strong enough.

Meassurements approx 20"x20" could be bigger but not much bigger than 30"30". Doesn't even have to be square 20"x30" would do fine as well.

Easy to find one would think but so far all side tables I saw were just 20" tall. I need at least 30".

Anyone?
Old 08-12-2006, 06:44 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Hey Ang-there is also Hillside Tropicals. And a small trip to Duncan to see Island Pet Zone is warranted! Also....can you get a better picture of your "feather duster"? It actually, from the pics looks like Aiptasia......someone else may chime in....get some really close shots of it if you can.......

Old 08-15-2006, 06:45 PM

ha ha I think you are right. Two days ago I still thought that Aiptasia is only red-brownish. well there you go... my first living organism is Aiptasia. Way to go.. Can only get better now!
I hoped no one else would notice that my feather duster is a fake.

Ang

Old 08-15-2006, 07:09 PM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road

I would nuke the Aptasia before it spreads.... sorry to be the bearer of bad news... like I said... lemme know when you get set up and I'll make a donation...
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:36 PM

Nuke with what?

Old 08-15-2006, 11:44 PM

Midknight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Midknight Send a message via Yahoo to Midknight

Nuke - To kill - eradicate - To remove permanently from this plane of existents
Old 08-15-2006, 11:45 PM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road

If you can, remove the rock get it off and give it a freshwater dip if it's not too far cycled... (scrape, chip or scrub it off)...

If that's not doable, then use a syringe with kalkwasser & inject the little bugger til it goes away... it might be novel now, but when it spreads and you have a hundred that are killing things you'll wish you had done it now...
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!
Old 08-16-2006, 03:37 AM

Thanks for all the advice.
I will try to get some Kalkwater tomorrow together with some ph Buffer. Apparently the salt I'm using (Oceanic) didn't do much for my ph. It's at 7.8 right now.
I don't want to take the rock out, as it is fully cured and there is some red stuff growing on it that I hope - for once - is something good.
I will get a good cleaner crew as soon as my water readings are good. Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate are all at 0ppm - which surprises me, but it's only the 2nd day. They prolly will go up real soon. Not sure that I should introduce any hermit before that.
Also I haven't seen that baby-shrimp-or-whateveritwas any more. (see "just great" thread). I'm hoping that it not a mantis but maybe a fire shrimp (from the tank I got the rock from) if it is even still alive that is.

Reeferaddict I will stand at your door step very soon! Just need to get my water quality sorted first.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:51 PM

Squiddy is on a distinguished road

Hey angel I might be able to donate some things as well although all I have that is fraggable right now is Anthelia and Colt Coral which it sounds like reeferaddict is already offering. I just moved my tank and it has only been set up for a week or so, so no guarantees but I'd be happy to help if I can.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:16 AM

Thanks Jeremy.
Even more reason to get my tank sorted out. I know I know I need to be more patient.

So I'm doing two more water changes as my ph is too low. This time I use a good salt, not like the crappy stuff I bought at petsmart. I know - you don't have to say it. I promise never to buy any SW related things there any more. It was pure convenience as I had to get some cheap dog stuff. Didn't think it would matter with off the shelf stuff such as salt. I know.. the salt is the most important bla bla... it makes sense to me now too.
I did at least drop a 1 page (front and back) comment to express how disappointed I was with them selling low quality products.

Ang