Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-29-2006, 04:07 AM

Angel is on a distinguished road

thanks everyone! Unfortunatly the little guy didn't make it. I miss having it in the tank. He was really cool

Last edited by Angel; 06-30-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:45 PM

TheReefGeek is on a distinguished road

You never did say what your lighting is.

Unfortunately for anemonies so many people buy them without having the lighting to keep them alive, a long tentacle anemone required metal halide lighting.

Your other anemone may very well suffer the same fate if you don't upgrade your lighting.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:46 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

If that's a FTS in your avatar, then I can see your super bleached anemone. This is due to starvation and not having the proper lighting. It's very sad to see so many anemones die because people do not research the care requirements. In the end, it's another animal lost, and a chunk of change down the toilet. I strongly recommend you first research anemones and upgrade to their requirements. Otherwise, you just won't be able to keep one alive and thriving. Sorry for the loss..
Old 06-30-2006, 01:13 PM

Angel is on a distinguished road

The anemone that you can see in that pic is my purple tip, and he is doing very well. He has not moved sense I put him in the tank, he spends most of the day big and full and actively grabs anything that he can get his tentacles on that isn't swimming. He is showing no signs of distress, and doing very well. However I am going to upgrade the lighting as a precaution asap.

Last edited by Angel; 06-30-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:46 PM

TheReefGeek is on a distinguished road

They don't show signs of stress until right before the die, then it is too late, like your last one.

If it is a bubble tip, it doesn't need the same amount of lighting as the long tentacle, so it will take longer to slowly die.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:59 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

I dunno, that anemone looks super bleached. (A white anemone with translucent (sp?) tentacles is a stressed, bleached anemone) Even from the photo it only looks like your running flourescent bulbs... which is no where near enough light to keep an anemone alive! Even PC's are not that great for anemones. JMO. Good luck with everything.