Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-10-2006, 12:00 AM

muck is on a distinguished road

Keep us informed Steve.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:38 AM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

I do use the loctite gel and it does work very well - it is just that I was out and had some frags that I needed to glue so wondered about the Gorilla as I had a bottle.
Steve please let us know how it works out with the Gorilla as this might be another option - and I already have a container.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:06 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

it will be a couple weeks as I am sitting in a hotel in Orillia Ontario right now. I have hit and miss luck with super glue as it realy doesn't like gluing "wet" things I have found unless you use a ton. I think the gorillia glue (or any polyurathane glue) will be better as it uses moisture to cure it and once it skims over it is water proof, non toxic and has no acids (crazy glue has acids and I think this is why the bottom of the corals die, which makes them take longer to encrust). I think this combanation will be better on the corals in theory and as long as you can keep it in a container untill it starts to harden (only has a 20 min working time) it should be good. you don't need to wait for a full cure but only long enuf for it to hold the coral. My second though is about the 20 min working time. I believe if we put some on our rocks about 10 min befor we start sticking the frags in we should only have to wait 5 or 10 min for it to set up, but I will test this by gluing a couple chunks of rubble togeather at different times.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:15 AM

Willow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Willow Send a message via Yahoo to Willow

speaking of glue, does anyone know where i can get "caulking" gun size tubes of Cyanoacrylate glue from?

90 Gallon LPS tank - Challice, Acans, Favia, Diplo and Zoos
125 Gallon SPS Coming Soon!
Old 04-20-2007, 12:04 AM

fishface is on a distinguished road

any updates on this stuff? i use the loctite stuff as well but it's getting kinda expensive and the gorilla glue seems like a better deal if it works well. anyone?