Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-21-2005, 02:49 AM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

My other hobby being militaria I buy/sell alot of stuff though internet forums. Both with people locally and across the world.

When I am selling - if someone says they will buy something I take them on their word and hold the item for them, if it takes them a couple days to pay or pick something up so be it.. but when I buy I expect the same respect.

The important thing I think people need to remember is that these things are hobbies. Life comes first and this all second. My priority in life is to keep a roof over my family's head and food in their belly... if this means taking an extra day to ship something or an extra day to pick something up becuase my job or my family demands it, then so be it.

This newbs two cents worth...

Greg
Old 11-26-2005, 06:43 AM

Mike Olson is on a distinguished road

I think if a buyer and a seller reach an agreement whereby a price and a timeframe are agreed upon...this is called a verbal contract in law. If the stipulations change, ie. the buyer cannot make the time that was mutually agreed upon or the buyer wants to 'haggle' on price, THEN the verbal agreement is broken and the item/s are open to all.
Breaking that Contract with someone doesnt seem like a big deal when it comes down to frags, equip. etc...I can totally understand as a sellar, you see the 'sure' thing and go with it, theres nothing worse than getting 'stuck' with an item because of a promise.
I think we all have to be diligent in our dealings online...It is truly a small world when it comes to the reefing community. It gives me a sense of assurement that there are great people out there that can help me, and I can help them....no strings, JUST RESPECT
180g tank(6x2x2) w/170lbs LR, 2-250W 1-400W Halides, 2-3ft t5 Actinics,H&S 1260 200 Skimmer, 1-Tunze 6000stream w/controller, 1-6060stream, 70g sump, 30g refugium Neptune controller, Sequence Hammerhead inline return, Lifeguard 25W UV, 1-Tunze osmolator, 1-Tunze wavebox, 1/4Hp Pacific Coast chiller, MarineTech calcium reactor