Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-09-2005, 01:48 AM

props is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to props Send a message via MSN to props

I would treat the tank right away dude .. Also be aware that we have lfs here in bc that currently have them on their tanks so check meticulously all the frags your putting in your tank. treat it or get a magnifying glass =o)
Old 07-09-2005, 02:30 AM

rickjames is on a distinguished road

Once you get rid of them, treat every frag as if they have red bugs!

Every piece of acro that goes in my tank gets 6hrs minimum of interceptor treatment.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:17 AM

megatron_55 is on a distinguished road

Dang y'all . . . I cant get the meds . . . the vet that I went to won't give em to me even after I told them what I was doing and even gave them pics and explained yatta yatta . . . I might just give up and let it eat everything . . . I dunno what to do . . . Sux that I got it . . . they're really gross looking . . . Anyhow . . .

If it kills everything . . . don't be surprised if I put my equipments for sale within a month or so . . .

Anyone know if it'll only kill acro's?? What about my fishies . . . they gonna be okay . . . ?? My softies/lps?? Yo Jess . . . sorry man . . . can't buy anything from you yet . . . i'L figure out this red bug thing first . . .

If anyone has any extra LMK . . . or if you can get them for me . . . Man those things are expensive . . .
Old 07-09-2005, 04:30 AM

mr_alberta is on a distinguished road

I *may* kill you acros. There's been a huge dispute over whether or not they actually harm your corals...your fish and softies will be fine. Even your montiporas will be fine. The red bugs only affect acropora corals...and not all acros either.

I've read somewhere that a yellow coris wrasse may eat them, but I don't think that's ever been proven.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:32 AM

rickjames is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron_55
Dang y'all . . . I cant get the meds . . . the vet that I went to won't give em to me even after I told them what I was doing and even gave them pics and explained yatta yatta . . . I might just give up and let it eat everything . . . I dunno what to do . . . Sux that I got it . . . they're really gross looking . . . Anyhow . . .

If it kills everything . . . don't be surprised if I put my equipments for sale within a month or so . . .

Anyone know if it'll only kill acro's?? What about my fishies . . . they gonna be okay . . . ?? My softies/lps?? Yo Jess . . . sorry man . . . can't buy anything from you yet . . . i'L figure out this red bug thing first . . .

If anyone has any extra LMK . . . or if you can get them for me . . . Man those things are expensive . . .
Don't give up! Go to another vet. If you are ligit' about the whole thing you will find someone who will prescribe it for you.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:39 AM

props is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to props Send a message via MSN to props

I printed a copy of the posted link and showed it to Surrey Animal Hospital off King George and 70thave. They sold me the medication no questions asked. In fact the vet was quite interested on the article as well.