Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 01-18-2005, 03:50 PM

eposer is on a distinguished road

Yeah as long as they're not mounted on any rock then the're ok. It's the live rock that's CITES, I believe that even a small piece with a frag attached would still require a permit.

I'm still looking for somewhere to get decent number(and variety) of unmounted frags to make the shipping worth while.

Evan.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:16 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WTB: Blue Zoanthus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eposer
I'm looking for blue zoanthus anywhere in canada, the brighter blue the better!

I'm also looking for any other vibrant color morphs that I don't already have.

If you have any frags for sale or know of somewhere that I can buy some then please let me know.

new, bigger tank in the works

Thanks,
Evan
Do they have to be completely blue . I have blue centred ones as you can see in my post in the frag discussion for the meeting. I do have other colorful ones, but I am still waiting for the best ones to grow out.

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 01-18-2005, 04:42 PM

eposer is on a distinguished road

Bob,

I'd missed that thread altogether somehow!

I'll take a frag of Zoo3 and one of Zoo10 if they're available.

I won't be able to make it to the meeting but if there's an evening that works for me to come and pick them up that would be great.

I also have frags of some actinic flourescent yellow zoanthus(which I got in vancouver over christmas) if you want to trade for one frag.

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:08 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bob,

I'd missed that thread altogether somehow!

I'll take a frag of Zoo3 and one of Zoo10 if they're available.

I won't be able to make it to the meeting but if there's an evening that works for me to come and pick them up that would be great.

I also have frags of some actinic flourescent yellow zoanthus(which I got in vancouver over christmas) if you want to trade for one frag.

Thanks.
I am home after seven PM. Yes a trade sounds good if I don't have it already.

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 01-18-2005, 06:18 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
I believe that even a small piece with a frag attached would still require a permit.
Indeed. But something like a concrete/aragocrete plug (ie. something very obviously man made) should be totally fine.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:59 PM

nate_m is on a distinguished road

The past few months I have been seriously contemplating importing corals from the US; although, most of the suppliers require a minimum $1000 (US) order before they will consider applying for the CITES. If we could get a group of Calgary reefers to get together to split an order, the cost wouldn't be all that bad. I have imported numerous animals in the past and the only problem is that CITES can take a long time for approval. The longest I have waited is 5 months, but on the other hand, I have also received aproval in as little as 1 week (this is shipping from US to Canada, not Canada to the US). It usually costs $25 for CITES and around $100 for a US Fish and Game officer to inspect the corals to ensure that they are all on the permit. Even if the species is not covered on CITES (for instance zooanthids) an officer still needs to inspect the package as a precaution. Even if you are bringing your pet dog on vacation with you to the US, they will still charge a fee. I believe this inspecion still costs around $100, but I have never shipped non-CITES protected species before. If there is anyone interested in splitting an order from the US, let me know and maybe we can put something together.

Nathan
Old 01-18-2005, 09:36 PM

Willito is on a distinguished road

Which vendor in particular. I guess that will be one of the main critiria; for everyone whom are interested to agree on the one vendor/supplier. I would definately be in on the deal if we can get enough for a $1000.

What we need people to do, those who are interested, to reply to a new thread stating what livestock they are looking for. Someone then can gather all the requests and do a little search to find a supplier that can fulfill our needs. What do you think?
Old 01-19-2005, 04:28 AM

impreza is on a distinguished road

I'd be down for some blue zoo's! Or any zoo's that are different than the color morphs available locally.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:29 AM

Tarolisol is on a distinguished road

Id be in on the deal for sure. Ill be good for at least a hundred.

Back in the good ole days
Old 01-19-2005, 06:21 PM

Nemain is on a distinguished road

I would be in, although I am in edmonton. Would be more than happy to do pick ups for other edmontonians as well =)

Beth