Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2017, 03:25 AM

xerxes300 is on a distinguished road
Default Scam Alert

a non Canreef member texted me to buy my $200 pump - but then send me a check for $2000, and said to hand over the pump and extra money to a 3rd party "a freight company".

he wud not use paypal or EMT, just certified check. upon inspecting the check it had 2 odd corporate names, 2 signatures, and "void after 90 days". accompanied by a very generic letter saying "text this number to verify funds are available"

my TD Bank teller said his check is not certified, and looks fraudulent. he pulled a similar fraudulent check out from his drawer, and pointed out some features that didnt look right.

so i then asked this buyer "Ahmed Lee Doyle" for photo ID, and he instead emailed a pic of a drivers licence of his "coworker"

he claimed to live in Oakville ON, but his phone number was from Los Angeles - 1 (213) 394-5413

if anyone wants to see his scam check, letter, email address or license, i can send u a pic.