Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 11-11-2014, 08:55 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

All told I would not go back to a Milwaulkee reg either. Never been happy with the consistency out of the 2 I've used over the years, and reading up on it, this seems commonplace with them.

I'm right now using my CO2 on my planted FW but will be discontinuing it there and going back to a calcium reactor on my reef. The CO2 isn't really doing anything useful in the FW tank and all things being equal I much prefer a calcium reactor to dosing.

So I'm sort of interested in this topic and will follow along in the hopes that you find something better and I can leech off knowledge.

That aquariumplants.com one listed by Tyler above is the one that comes up again and again as one of the most recommended and trusted CO2 regs. I'd be tempted to try one of those if cost isn't an issue.

I dunno though. I suppose one alternative is set the bubble rate higher than you need and just use the Apex to cycle the solenoid as needed to maintain the 6.7 setpoint..
Old 11-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I suppose one alternative is set the bubble rate higher than you need and just use the Apex to cycle the solenoid as needed to maintain the 6.7 setpoint..
I don't use a solenoid, I just set it and let it go. Cant say that I have any complaints on this one, other than it corroded kind of fast. Wasn't under the stand either, but only beside the tank.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werbo View Post
Or JL has a higher priced no name reactor

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/cr...dle+Valve.html
I only need the reg, which they sell for 89. Might do that. Now that I think of it, I gave one of those away. dumbass...
Old 11-14-2014, 07:35 AM

input80 is on a distinguished road

I just noticed this post. Recently my Milwaukee solenoid would not shut off completely/properly on my Apex, could have been the low voltage thingy (plus I cracked the plastic bubble counter). I can ship the regulator to you if you pay the shipping or can find a cheaper way to get it to you Brad.
I ended up replacing it with this, its working well, I just had to buy a separate (with check valve) bubble counter. Aquatek has lesser models also.

Last edited by input80; 11-14-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Just a guy..

Thanks Ian, but I found one. Turns out I gave one away and the guy isn't using it, so getting it back.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:20 PM

input80 is on a distinguished road

No problem Brad.