Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Slyguy00 wasn't being a jerk, and you should bite your tongue

We are all here to help you, so be patient and deal with it as it comes

Thanks Greg I appreciate that! Thanks for understanding what I meant lol
Old 04-20-2014, 04:18 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Try hardware stores and livestock stores for the chicken mesh. It will be by the metal chicken wire. I have found it here at Peavey Mart. Do you have Peavey Mart there?

SPS fanatic.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:28 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Your fish ramming into a plastic mesh will be fine. They will bounce back into the tank like a reverse trampoline. My fish do that constantly. I have a very busy tank with a lot of skittish wrasses. Some fish will jump even if they are startled by lights turning on, or a sudden thud of someone's foot on the floor, or a door closing. That glass box of there's is quite a good amplifier of sound.

As Red said, goby's and wrasses are notoriously skittish and their natural defense mechanism when they are startled (for whatever reason) is to bolt in the the direction with the least obstruction. In the tank that direction is usually straight up.

I wouldn't say that you are doing anything wrong. Sadly, it happens. In fact, I've seen all manner of fish jump out of the tank from tangs to angelfish. Fish like to dart in all directions. And if we want to drill deeper into this discussion (pun kinda intended), our tanks are not actually that deep. We may think that 24 or even 30" is a fairly deep tank but in the wild, that's a shallow tide pool that many of these fish would never naturally swim in, unless they enjoy living on the edge..

As for the mesh, try UFA up in Airdrie. They sell farming supplies and equipment specifically.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:18 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Your still looking? Did you read my text wrong? I said I'd send you some if you paid the shipping
Old 04-20-2014, 06:09 AM

halwake is on a distinguished road

Got my plastic netting at Canadian Tire about a month ago. All different sizes. I opted for the thinner gauge half inch mesh. They had a bunch of different sizes available. The thinner gauge allows almost all light through. I did,t think any of my fish would get through the half inch, but they always seem to surprise me what they are capable of. Sorry for your loss, same happened to me with one of my expensive clowns, and of course the other guy was still there wondering where his buddy was. Crappy feeling for sure.

Think the netting was in the gardening section.
Hal
Old 04-20-2014, 03:07 PM

FishingGoalie is on a distinguished road

I would like to apologize for what i said yesterday I wasn't having a great day to start with. Atitude Thoughts and feelings are hard to interpret when on a forum.

I would also like to thank everybody for there help I am going to be running out to canadian tire this morning as i have heard from plenty of people that they have it.

Thanks and Sorry
Hayden
Old 04-20-2014, 03:26 PM

Baker is on a distinguished road

I think the problem was adding the Naso. I had the same thing happen to me, went 6 months without any problems with fish. I added a naso and within days my kole tang jumped. Naso's can be b****es I would say.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Proofed by Wheelman

Cujo#31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinGoalie View Post
No need to be a jerk.

i have been searching for a couple days for something smaller but i can't find anything i have asked many people on can reef about this smaller holes chicken wire.
And I don't know if any one else agrees with me but just getting a lid with smaller holes IS NOT going to help my fish from getting scared by something. I don't want them ramming there poor heads into something every day. Please i asked for advice not criticism
First I'm gonna tak a second and defend "slyguy". U totally misinterpreted his msg. He is a really nice and helpful fellow in the community. Sometmes in our haste to deliver the message wthout writing a novel we overlook the possible implied "tone" of the message. Me for example, I destroy the english language...lmao.
I agree with what everyone else has put forward. I guess a guy could grab some plexi too and either drill out some holes if desired, or leave solid to control evap. Your Trigger may be the root cause. Cant remember where but read somewhere a long time ago Triggers and Tangs dont always mix well. If push came to shove I will take a Tang over a Trigger any day. Yellows are known to b agressive although mine is a bloody pussy cat and only gets ****ed if someone goes near "HIS" veggie clip.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:39 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Hard to have fish in a glass box that come from around the world live in harmony together all the time. My old blue tang made my trigger jump out of the tank, thankfully I was sitting in front of it when it happened and got him back in.

Good luck with the mesh, hopefully that works for you.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:06 PM

JmeJReefer is on a distinguished road
Default jumpers

Two pieces of eggcrate offset one on top of the other for now until u find a suitable replacement? I've had scooter blennies jump, gobies, and even a wierd littel clownfish who really liked doing it cuz i managed to catch him twice befroe his demise on the third.
This hobby has endless trials, which makes it rad cuz its a "kinder-suprise" all the time!!!
Cant control everything. the best we can do is communicate these trials together and formulate a reasonable solution that everybody benefits from.

I've fabbed a custom fit chunk of acrylic with some smaller holes placed here and there for "breathing" purposes.

Good Luck