Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-02-2014, 02:03 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road

Lemon juice also works well on aptasia but not sure how effective it is with Manjo.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:19 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post
I actually bought a bottle of it yesterday from home hardware for $7 to clean and prep aluminum for paint, very nasty smell.
The label says you can add 200ml to 10,000 litres of water to affect PH by a certain number (can't remember) though I've read over the last year several experienced reefers don't even test or bother with PH anyway
pH isn't normally too much of a concern, but it sure can be if you drop it real fast by adding a bunch of acid, so in this case testing and bothering with pH may be granted.

SPS fanatic.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:47 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
When I first read about this, I worked out the math re: how much I could add to my tank before it affected pH, and the value was quite high. I don't recall exactly what it was, as that was 20 years ago, but I used it to kill a lot of aptaisia in my 150g (per session) without affecting pH (using a real time monitor).
I use probably 0.5ml or so per head.
Thanks Brad

Greg
Old 04-03-2014, 03:19 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

i have tried Lemon juice didnt work.
I have done KAlk Paste didnt work.
I have done Hot water didnt work.
I have done peppermints it works a bit.
I battled red turf algae then i moved over to Bio pellets. Grizz said it works awesome i did it and its all gone and now i have aptaisia peeve me off.

So how long will it take to kill them. and do they come back? what causes them to grow and come up .
Old 04-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Banned

denny_C is on a distinguished road

dog face puffer....although that runs other issues lol ours sucked up and ate countless majanoes, aiptasia and god knows what else in the tank :P

greg that puffer cleaned up all that rock you gave us in literally less than two weeks lol was incredible to watch actually
Old 04-03-2014, 03:40 PM

pinkreef is on a distinguished road

You can kill them off but their will to live will make them always come back. What you really need is something to keep them at bay so your tank won't look like you have any. I use a file fish.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Proofed by Wheelman

Cujo#31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
i have tried Lemon juice didnt work.
I have done KAlk Paste didnt work.
I have done Hot water didnt work.
I have done peppermints it works a bit.
I battled red turf algae then i moved over to Bio pellets. Grizz said it works awesome i did it and its all gone and now i have aptaisia peeve me off.

So how long will it take to kill them. and do they come back? what causes them to grow and come up .
Ya, they can be a BITCH!!!! That is why I went to the xtreme of pulling all my fish out. Logic behind that one is they were getting plenty of food wen the fish were fed, not hungey, didnt have to go searching for food. I pulled all m fish out, added a couple more peps and did not add a single drop of food into coral tank. Eventually they figured out there was no food coming and were pretty much "starved" into resorting to natural behavior. Not the most practical solution. It was actually a pain in the arse. They are a common hitch-hiker on live rock which is one of the reasons a dip and short quarantine are recomendd before they go into the display. Observe a "newbie" for short period to see if there are any "bonus" corals. Also any nuisance pests like snails are much easier to spot and remove from small QT tank than display
Old 04-10-2014, 03:56 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

Cujo#31 is on a distinguished road

Well, the verdict is out. Muriatic acid is unbelievable! And cheap too folks. Less than 10 dollars for a 900 ml bottle. In total I used less than 5 ml. Just shut down circulation and began the hunt. U could almost hear the screams.....it was BLOODY AWESOME!!!!!!
A huge shout out and thanks to all of u fellow reefers. This hobby is so much better with all of u out there supporting guys like me.