Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 07-23-2004, 08:02 PM

LostMind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LostMind

Seems like a decent price to me, as the one being sold here is 3x250w mh and the one in the link is 3x 175w mh...

just my thoughts.

Too bad I need a custom hood.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:14 PM

Jedi68 is on a distinguished road

Hey Jesse...

check your PM...
Old 07-23-2004, 08:36 PM

props is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to props Send a message via MSN to props

rich check yours
Old 07-31-2004, 02:29 AM

up
Old 07-31-2004, 02:24 PM

ok he budge down but not much guys
Old 07-31-2004, 07:51 PM

reefhawk is on a distinguished road

looking at the link that was provided it would seem the retail for a new in the box unit would $1704. ($1599 plus $104 to upgrade to 250's). That is full retail. Most stores i shop at know i am a serious hobbyist and that I tend to spend a fair bit of money soo... i often get 10, 15, or 20 % off depending on their mark up because they know i will spend the bulk of my $$ where i get the best deal. Plus when you buy new you have a great deal of recourse if something goes wrong usually a decent warranty on such an expensive high end item. When you buy used it is truly "buyer beware" and there is often no recourse whatsoever if something goes wrong or even if misrepresented. Worse case scenario someone selling something that is brand new may have obtained it through less than savory or fair means( I am not implying this is the case here) and the buyer could stand to lose the money spent and the product. All i am getting at there is a much greater risk to the buyer and for this risk there should be a significant price reduction on such items. I don't think there was any suggestion of rudeness in the information provided. Everyones opinions will differ and here in Canada the acceptance and tolerance of these differing opinions is what makes this the greatest country on earth in which to live. (that took an interesting twist didn't it?)
180g 33g sump 78g refugium triple 250w m/h & 4 flourescents on timers 2 seaclone 150 skimmers 1 redsea classic 2 250 w heaters calcium reactor. 200lbs lr Argonite dsb Corals - cracker acroporas birdsnest frags 2 torchs large moon, open brain large colt, galaxy, 3 yellow toadstools pulsing xenia buttons mushrooms polyps 2 lta\'s 2 orange sponges beautiful blue pipe sponge 4 feather dusters crabs & snails
3 cleaner 1 coral banded shrimp shrimp 2 massive scutus 8 green chromis 2 percula 1 skunk clown spotted mandarin goby lawnmower blennie golden face sandsifter gobie watchman gobie yellow tang reefhawk blue devil coral beauty royal gramma blue striped brittle star.