Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 01-13-2014, 03:13 PM

DSlater is on a distinguished road

I'm going to hijack my husbands feed...
We are running a larger system. It's a 220gal with an 80 sump. We have about 300lbs of live rock in there. I do feed nori every second day soaked in garlic. I also feed Mysis soaked in Selcon everyday. The tang is definitely fat. We also have the much debated Cleaner Wrasse and 2 Cleaner Shrimp. Once he settled in (took a few months) we were able to do water changes etc without having him breakout in ich, but we added a Kole and Sailfin over Christmas. They weren't eating when they came to us and we lost the Sailfin. As the Sailfin was dying, she got swept by the pumps and the PBT went crazy. We got the Sailfin out of there at that moment, but the damage seemed to be done with the PB. The day before this happened my husband also leveled the sand in the tank which upset the PB. He broke out in ich after all this, fought it off like usual but as it was clearing up he broke out again and we're not sure why this time. This is what prompted my Husband's post. Does anyone have a good brand name for UV Sterilizers?
Thanks to everyone.
Cheers.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlater View Post
I'm going to hijack my husbands feed...
We are running a larger system. It's a 220gal with an 80 sump. We have about 300lbs of live rock in there.
When I said very large reef tank I meant 1000+ gallons. Also, you have a lot of rock in there. If you removed from the display and put it in the sump there would be more swimming space. Just an observation.

Here's a great link for figuring out UV Sterilizer sizing. https://www.atlantareefclub.org/foru...ad.php?t=36805

Quote:
Does anyone have a good brand name for UV Sterilizers?
Aqua UV are very good. Pricey, but after you read the above article you will understand why they are better than brands such as Coralife.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 01-13-2014 at 08:43 PM.