Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-01-2013, 01:32 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth81 View Post
Sorry to hear that your not having a great time.... I'm not looking forward to the day I need to move my tank! I honestly have no idea what or how I'm gonna do it!
Thanks Well I did learn some things about moving corals; planing is a must which I didn't do other than having saltwater ready at my temporary resident beforehand. Oh well, atleast I am confident that my next move, although tiring it will be, will be much more efficient to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarfly View Post
Mr Saltwater tank did a lecture on moving a reef tank during last years macna! I hope he comes out with that guide! So useful. Time and time again I see posts about moving a reef tank.
Mark does give come nice advice. Didn't see that video though. Wish I would have

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamsB View Post
I moved my 90 gallon and lost 150 dollar in fish. One was a beautiful kole tang. I had 10 or so buckets full of rock, fish and coral mixed up so I didn't have fish fighting etc. unloading everything I wanted to get the rock in first so as not to crush my gobies. So I got busy putting everything in and put a bucket to the side with the lid on so I didn't get a jumper. After it was all done I moved my furniture and all the less important stuff

End of the day I say down on the couch and admire my rushed new aqua scape. Then I saw the bucket I put to the side, the only bucket with a lid on it. Opened it to find almost everything dead, the kole was alive but didn't survive the night in the tank. A cleaner survived in the bucket and is still alive today.

Lesson learned. I'll be doing a lot more prep in future. Very disheartening, the financial aspect sucks but the fish were very nice and it could have been avoided.
Sorry to hear about your loss Well I lost 4 chromis and the cleaner shrimp. Financially, its no hit and I wasn't worried about it but in the end, its the attachment to those livestock. I have a neon green birdnest that is now almost 6" across which I grew from a 1" frag. That's why I didn't feel like selling them since I have put too much work for the corals to let them go; it was more like "I would let them die but won't let them die"...sounds bad its all about attachment.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 09-01-2013, 01:33 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Upgrading to the 70G is'nt so bad. It's a good thing. The bad thing is the move than having to do it again when you get possesion of your new place. You'd be in the same situation if you still had the smaller tank. Being too tired is no reason to let your corals die.
Good luck and I hope they survive.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:36 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Upgrading to the 70G is'nt so bad. It's a good thing. The bad thing is the move than having to do it again when you get possesion of your new place. You'd be in the same situation if you still had the smaller tank. Being too tired is no reason to let your corals die.
Good luck and I hope they survive.
Bill you have no clue now tired I got with the move; it was like I felt like killing myself; it was that bad. And my biggest problem is I panic a lot. But a smaller tank would have resulted in less mess, less buckets to pull around. Coral wise, maybe not so much (I had 50+ corals in my 20 gallon after all :P); but its about the huge amount of water and all the buckets. And the LRs!

Till now, corals look fine. They are in their tub. Running powerhead, heater and the skimmer with the LRs. Dosed prodibio. Keeping my fingers crossed. Don't really care about browning out since I will be able to bring out the color in no time but I just hope they survive.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 09-01-2013, 01:44 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Well at least you have a bunch of locals that'll help you out with restocking.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:42 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Look on the bright side of things Raied your moving to a place where the landlord wants to see your tank and by the sounds of it you will be at this place for some time to come and if and when you do move again you'll have all this moving experience under your belt and you'll be an expert