Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 AM

SanguinesDream is on a distinguished road

Btw, it is still moving around and eating. I just removed it from a piece of liverock it was on and it's remaining arms were attached firmly with their suckers all out.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:30 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguinesDream View Post
When I initially posted about adding it to my tank, I had lots of "don't worry, I just plunk them in too" and now that it is disintegrating I'm told it's because it wasn't'drip acclimated?

Is there any other reasons or plans of action I can take? TIA.
I read your other post. You stated "but I didn't research about acclimating prior to putting it in my tank", and I only saw one person say that they just throw them in their tank provided salinity was the same but also said it was bad advice to do so. There is not much you can do at this point accept keep feeding it as you say it is still eating. You could try soaking the food in Selcon, it helps with fish but I'm not sure about the benefits with a starfish. If it looks like it is getting worse you should remove it. Nobody like to get rid of something still alive in the tank but if it is deteriating then for the sake of the other inhabitants it should be done before it is too late.