Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-03-2004, 01:24 AM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

Normally I open it to fill it but that's a pain. Right now the intake keeps pulling out all the water, so it's totally empty. I tried to siphon water into it but once again the intake just sucked it right back out (yes, the intake was being an outtake).

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 02-03-2004, 03:30 AM

Jack is on a distinguished road

I don't understand how your reactor is hooked up.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:36 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee
Normally I open it to fill it but that's a pain. Right now the intake keeps pulling out all the water, so it's totally empty. I tried to siphon water into it but once again the intake just sucked it right back out (yes, the intake was being an outtake).
I think we need pics.. sounds like you have a issue with the way you hooked it up.. a couple pic might clear it al up in our heads so we can sugest a fix

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:46 AM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello,

Try to place a large bucket of water above the reactor, remove the siphon hose from the reactor, place one end of the siphon hose into the bucket, suck from the other end, and as you see water is travelling through the tube, quickly connect it back to the reactor. Make sure you have a long tube though.

Titus
Old 02-03-2004, 04:14 AM

kari is on a distinguished road

Or you could attach a mini jet to the reactor inlet line end and turn it on when filling only. Or modify your recirc line by adding a JG shut off valve (like the pic I set you a while back) to assist refilling. I am assuming this is the same reactor you had last year.