Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-11-2014, 10:55 PM

sirruckus is on a distinguished road

nice cars and Alberta don't mix
Old 01-11-2014, 11:00 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

I'm still waiting for my filter to dry...almost 24 hours now.

Scubadawg, I may switch it to a dry filter, but I'm giving this a try. I've watched so many how to videos. I'm using the K&N recharge kit as that was what was recommended by the shop who sold it. I've also read about over oiling it as well. It looks like the roto fab kit, you squeeze the oil into each rib, this kit is an aerosol can. I just hope I don't have to do this every few months.....
Old 01-11-2014, 11:03 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirruckus View Post
nice cars and Alberta don't mix
Have to go south for nice cars.....but I followed a massarati out of downtown this week, plus there's a porche parked in my parkade, both are worth double what mine is.....mines just fun to drive year round...
Old 01-11-2014, 11:32 PM

scubadawg is on a distinguished road

This is dry filter manufacture I use

http://www.aemintakes.com/dryflow_ai...FStBQgodaUwAAw
Old 01-12-2014, 12:58 AM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

When i cleaned my intake on my 350z i washed it, dried for 15 minutes, oiled it and started driving. You dont have to soak the filter so that its dripping. Just an even coat. Never had any problems
Old 01-17-2014, 12:33 AM

NanoReef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NanoReef

I have been HUGE into cars for quite some time and have always had good success with CAI and cleaning every 15,000k. IF you don't have luck with your oil bath I would recommend switching to a dry filter. Long term they are just a less hastle option.

Kinda glad I sold my cars and switched to building trucks... No cold air intake needed on my beast
Old 01-17-2014, 01:38 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

be carful with cold air intakes, most are a waist of money and the improvement is only in specific conditions, there are free (or next to it) things you can do to make it breath better. maybe not as pretty though

thing is once you are moving so fast your air is cooler anyways, most of the effect of a cold air intake is from better designed air flow, which you can get pretty darn close just by modifying the stock intake. I go to junk yards and buy another intake system for cheep to do my mods on, then I can always put it back to stock if I go to trade it in.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:40 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoReef View Post

Kinda glad I sold my cars and switched to building trucks... No cold air intake needed on my beast
not my cup of tea but nice looking truck, I am more into the older ones, hunting down a 53 to 55 ford right now as a multi year project.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:09 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Sheena, a K&N recharge is good for up to 50,000 miles on 'box' filters, but their conical ones can be good for up to 100K
Inspect your's annually. If you can still see the metal screen all around, then it's not dirty enough yet for a recharge, even if the cotton pleating is dirty
If you ever find any part of the screen is covered in dirt, then it's time

If you put on a lot of miles, it won't hurt to recharge it before it's due, but overdoing it is a waste as they need some dirt buildup to work more efficiently ??? That's their claim. So don't over clean it
http://www.knfilters.com/faq.htm

I put very little miles on my daily driver (>5K/yr), but I re-oil my filter every 20K or so because 'it wasn't red anymore'

My mileage may jump to 10K with the new job, but look how many years I could go between re-charges
Old 01-17-2014, 05:18 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoReef View Post
I have been HUGE into cars for quite some time and have always had good success with CAI and cleaning every 15,000k. IF you don't have luck with your oil bath I would recommend switching to a dry filter. Long term they are just a less hastle option.

That's a neat truck. Does it have hydraulics? Wouldn't want to nail a speed bump in that.