Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-23-2008, 07:05 PM

kwirky is on a distinguished road

set up a 50g-ish sized tank, throw the majano covered rock in it, and throw your copperband in there. If the copperband eats the majanos, it's a win win situation, and you don't have to worry about the anemones spreading to rock in your main tank. once the anemones are gone you move both the rock and the fish to your display tank. While the fish is in the anemone ridden tank, you can try feeding it alternative food (clams, etc). Try brine shrimp too, about 4-5 times a day. I've found 50% of the copperbands I have experience with will eat brine if it's fed very often throughout the day in small quantities.

You might even be able to cram 50 pounds of rock into a 33g if you're on a budget, and set up a cheap aquaclear HOB filter.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:10 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
so i can pull the mushrooms off the rock?

then you want me to cook the remaining Majanos covered live rock in boiling water? is that was cook it means?
dont pull the coral take a razor blade and cut the stem as close to the rock as possible. you will want to try and use only one cutting motion as it decreases stress. take some wedding vail material and wrap the mushroom face up on a peice of rubble. The GSP you may be able to peel off.

Cooking rock means to have it sitting in the dark (bucket, rubbermaid container) with a powerhead and heater only. water changes aswell. you would have to dry the rock for a while first to kill everything off. after its dry you cook it. after its cooked 4-6 weeks min (no Smell) you can intoduce it to your system.

See cooking LR attatchment
Attached Files
File Type: txt Cooking LR.txt (9.9 KB, 4 views)
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:41 PM

tgoeujon is on a distinguished road

i had a mojano outbreak at one poit and i just injected them with boiling water once a day for two days and they never bothered me again . that was eight months ago