Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-01-2015, 06:37 PM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

Raja Ampat looks incredible! Looks like I know where next years vacation is thanks Craig!

Last edited by GoFish; 12-01-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:56 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post
Me and my wife just got back from 30 days backpacking Indonesia last week, got lots of diving in and also did a week long live aboard in Raja Ampat . Epic, like every dive was like national geographic, i want to go back there and then to Palawan and do the Philippines next.
Im now currently sorting through 500 clips of go pro footage cause I want to put it all in lol

Take lots of pictures and video
I would have preferred Indonesia too, but this opportunity came up to go with the dive shop here, so I figured it would be great. Jeez, 500 clips?? That's going to take awhile! I haven't actually done any diving in tropical waters, so I'm excited to dive somewhere that I won't freeze my butt off and I'll see something other than trout! Haha!

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:01 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

15 days of diving! That should be so amazing. I'm hugely jealous!
Old 12-01-2015, 11:13 PM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I would have preferred Indonesia too, but this opportunity came up to go with the dive shop here, so I figured it would be great. Jeez, 500 clips?? That's going to take awhile! I haven't actually done any diving in tropical waters, so I'm excited to dive somewhere that I won't freeze my butt off and I'll see something other than trout! Haha!
O well you are in for some awesome stuff, !
Old 12-04-2015, 04:13 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

Got my open water at Nogas marine sanctuary (south of Iloilo) and have dived Boracay, Panglao, Palawan and last time went to Coron mainly for the wrecks but snorkelling in area was truely amazing.

Every where I've been has been great, sure you'll enjoy yourself.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:59 AM

Also not sure where you are going exactly but worth spending the money to get name brand malaria pills we were on Malarone zero side effects, and due to malaria resistant had to take priquine after we left the area also zero side effects

And order 100% DEET from amazon it was like 10$ and stuff worked like insane never seen bug spray actually make bugs mad and leave the area before never using anything less while camping again
Old 12-04-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Also not sure where you are going exactly but worth spending the money to get name brand malaria pills we were on Malarone zero side effects, and due to malaria resistant had to take priquine after we left the area also zero side effects
I'm looking into this and Hep A&B shots. Last year, the diving shop here visited a different island in Philippines, and he says they didn't even see a mosquito, but they didn't go inland at all.

Quote:
And order 100% DEET
That stuff will kill you too!

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:56 PM

Ah yea If your not going inland then way lower risk didn't know if you were on like a dive boat or diving from a home stay or resort type thing. probably won't see any of your on a dive boat unless your docked really close to land
Old 12-04-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Ah yea If your not going inland then way lower risk didn't know if you were on like a dive boat or diving from a home stay or resort type thing. probably won't see any of your on a dive boat unless your docked really close to land
It's a dive resort on land. I do plan to take an inland adventure though.

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:41 AM

crimper is on a distinguished road

Forgot to mention, there is a closer reef sanctuary to Puerto Gallera (Mindoro) that is worth checking. It is called the Verde Island (Batangas) Passage Marine Bio Diversity Conservation. It is an island before you reach Puerto Gallera (Mindoro). About 45 minutes boat from Puerto Gallera.

here's a dive video
https://youtu.be/pkc_I7Lu5yc

here's a Documentary video
https://youtu.be/GaJO8Xl63V0

There are tons of amazing coral reefs in the Philippines, enjoy your trip.