Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Old 02-21-2010, 03:03 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Just an update. Sent pictures of my unit to the rep. He informs me that the unit I purchased was not intended to be sold and was a store demo. So no warranty. How he come to that conclusion is beyond me. It's good that they stand behind their products. Put the blame on someone else. Good support. Well if I have a problem with the Vertex skimmer that I paid $1200 I might as well through it in the garbage. They have lost a customer and I would not recommend any Vertex product due to the customer support.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:10 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

I've had mine since boxing Day without any Issues. I also have many products that Proline is the wholesaler for and have had no issues dealing with them. IMO they have gone far beyond a wholesalers responcability for me.

J&L and many other carry Vertex, despite your LFS going out of business next time I'd call another LFS that carries the product.
But Albert is on it now so you will be well taken care of

J
Old 02-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McK View Post
I've had mine since boxing Day without any Issues. I also have many products that Proline is the wholesaler for and have had no issues dealing with them. IMO they have gone far beyond a wholesalers responcability for me.

J&L and many other carry Vertex, despite your LFS going out of business next time I'd call another LFS that carries the product.
But Albert is on it now so you will be well taken care of

J
I contacted the manufacturer and they recommended I talk to Jeff at J&L. I'm sorry but it's not Jeff's problem to deal with since it was bought elsewhere. As for Albert being on it and taking care of it...... he's the rep that told me it was a store demo so no warranty. How he figures that I don't know.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:42 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

What is the problem, Maybe Vertex Owners here on canreef can help
Old 02-21-2010, 03:57 PM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

i am wondering the same thing other than a few minor leaks i have had mine up for 5 months problem free

360 Reef Tank
Old 02-21-2010, 07:22 PM

Mine has never leaked, it's great that it has a computerised back flush in it. Good design all around. The problem is the built in TDS meter. As soon as it is done making water or flushing the system the TDS meter goes up to 50ppm right away. So either the meter is plumbed in to the wrong spot on the unit or the meter is screwed. I've replaced the membrane but it has not changed. With a hand held TDS meter the water is 0ppm. I figure I should not have to own a hand held if the unit comes with one built in. I don't like buying things that do not work properly or half assed. My only compaint is that i'm not getting any help from the manufacturer. And when the rep tells me that it was a store demo and so no warranty, well thats not good support. I will send pics of the labeling. Very cheesy as they were put on with scotch tape. To me it looks like some kind of welfare peice of crap that I wasted $500 on

Old 02-21-2010, 07:36 PM

i see the problem already
tds meter plugs into the t on the di resin housing

360 Reef Tank
Old 02-21-2010, 07:37 PM

360 Reef Tank
Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 PM

Thanks! My tee that the TDS meter is plugged in to is between the outlet of the membrane and the inlet to the DI resin cannister. So to change it to the outlet of the di cannister i would have to replace the tee from membrane outlet with a union and put a tee with threads from outlet of DI cannister. Do your fittings screw in to the cannisters? If not, is there such a fitting with male threads on the john guest fittings?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

I'm not entirely sure how to be clearer on this, but you do NOT have a retail model. The unit in your possession is manufacturer's tester model that was originally sold with the intention of STORE-ONLY use (where the little nitty gritties would not matter). As it stands, even if I sent you a new computer, it would do the same thing as the unit is not plumbed properly to the requirements of the computer.

Edit: Also, please remove the membrane casing and take a snap of that.

Last edited by albert_dao; 02-22-2010 at 11:26 PM.