Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta

Old 11-14-2009, 02:43 PM

reefbyremote is on a distinguished road

I am also in Medicine Hat. Just started my first sw (90 g) 6 or 7 weeks ago. Pelle and these forums have been a great help. Trying to move slow so stocking slowly. Also it is less shock on the wallet that way.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 AM

882m4 is on a distinguished road

I am also from Medicine Hat. I have a 15g with 10g sump thats been set up for around half a year in total (transferred every thing from my former biocube 14 into this tank.) I've got a few corals, and am always looking for more frags.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Buzz is on a distinguished road

The reef shoppe is sending a oreder down I know a few people in the hat have already ordered but i thought i would post this so the others can get in the loop. Shipping is free and Kelly has some really nice zoo's acans and sps in right now. Check out his website he said he doesn't have alot of the newer corals on the site so shoot him an email and he'll let you know. If you want something and don't have pay pal get a hold of me and we can work something out.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:19 PM

nanoFX is on a distinguished road

I live in the med hat area, I am a little dissappointed in the reef scene here. It is very pricey to get anything in med hat. I usually wait until I go to Calgary, Lethbridge, or even Brooks. Seems like it's buy online or a 2-3hr drive to get something.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:44 PM

viperfish is on a distinguished road

I agree, that Medicine Hat is limited but it's a "chicken and egg" scenario, there would be more people into it if it was promoted the right way. I always shop around anyway so even if we did have a high end store in town I would still order elsewhere for a better price. I find that no one store has everything anyway, and most places ship for free. I order ahead of time for consumables like carbon, frozen food etc. and stock up when sales are on. I don't think this would change if I lived in Calgary. It would be nice to browse corals, fish, and inverts. Lethbridge is starting to really grow in the reef hobby. My brother lives there and he said Homes Alive is quite the store. I have also talked to Ryan, he seems like a real good guy.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:57 AM

RedSea130 is on a distinguished road
Default New to Saltwater

Hello. I am also from Medicine Hat. Just got a RedSea Max 130 (34G) this past weekend. I am taking it slow at the moment in getting started. Looking for good options for Live Rock to start the tank. Any suggestions for good place to get some at a reasonable price? i am looking for about 24lbs.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:27 AM

viperfish is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new tank. I had a RSM, great tank, I think you'll be very happy with it. Rob at Animal World has a good price on some live rock if you buy a box (about 50 lbs). Otherwise you may have to head to Lethbridge or Calgary.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:29 AM

AquaticFinatic is on a distinguished road
Default New club forming in medicine hat

Hey guys as some of you are already aware and part of I am trying to start up a fish club here in the hat. Email me at daveycoopa@hotmail.com if you would like to be part of the fun!