Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-18-2007, 02:12 AM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

I feed once a day. I alternate between pellets, flakes, and mysis. I do feed a pinch of cyclopeze and reef roids every day for the filter feeders. I spot feed my anemones every couple of days as well. (was feeding silversides but have went mainly to PE mysis)

I've tried feeding sheets of nori but my tangs never really touch it The thing that is messed up is I have a cat that loves the stuff, anytime I open the nori package he runs up and wants his strip too I should get a picture.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2

Last edited by digital-audiophile; 10-18-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:30 AM

Van-rookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
I used to feed phyto...it didn't nothing for them...I now just give them lots of light and lots of flow. I do however feed frozen rotifers once and awhile.

I am also trying out Aqua Connect's Energy Elements in the near future, you can PM me for more details.
thanks catherine...

i have phytoplankton, reef roid and coral frenzy...but not sure how much and often I should feed the corals. I think I have enough flow and sufficient light
Old 10-18-2007, 03:42 AM

skylord is on a distinguished road

When the lights come on they get a pinch of flake. About an hour later they get mysis. Then 2 or 3 times during the day they get more flake. If we have company....more flake. If they look sad...more flake. The rabbit gets a handful of macro algae once or twice a week. Nori...about a 1/4 sheet every other day. Then I do a water change...some weeks 2....lol

Scott
Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 AM

fishface is on a distinguished road

one frozen block of either krill, baby brine shrimp or mysis...alernated. fed once every 2nd day, no nori, flakes or pellets and freeze-dried cyclop-eeze maybe twice a week after lights out.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:13 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

I feed the tank once every 3 days i feed 1/20 piece of nori, 2 cubes of coral frenzy, 1 toonie size chunk mysis small, and 1 sometimes 2 pinch of flakes with return off just the pumps in tank running. I should feed the rabbit fish more.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 10-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

I defrost 3 cubes of mysis & 3 cubes of bloodworms each day & feed that to all my tanks. 40% goes to my 210g main reef, 40% goes to the 120g fowlr & 20% goes to my 90g seahorse/frag tank (mainly mysis). I also feed Irene's porcupine puffer 3+ krill/day & the snowflake moray a full tiger prawn over the span of a week (2 small pieces every other day till its all consumed).
In the main tank, I have a blasto/featherduster/suncoral corner & its also near my elegance & flowerpot collection. In that corner I will squirt in a small amount of rehydrated frz dried cyclopeeze, Reefroids, Coral frenzy, spirulina powder mix. Usually equal to a fifth of a turkey baster.
Every day or every other day, the main tank will get 2/3s a sheet of nori & the fowlr will get 1/3.

Wow, when I write it all down, it seems overwhelming. No wonder I almost never go on vacation.

Anthony
Old 10-18-2007, 05:38 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

I generally throw in some pellets or flakes once a day and feed frozen foods 1 - 2 times a week. Nori occasionally as a treat, (note to fish) you want to eat algae? Go find some growing and eat it.

Greg
Old 10-18-2007, 07:40 AM

Van-rookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
I feed the tank once every 3 days i feed 1/20 piece of nori, 2 cubes of coral frenzy, 1 toonie size chunk mysis small, and 1 sometimes 2 pinch of flakes with return off just the pumps in tank running. I should feed the rabbit fish more.
Chris,

you should feed them more often ....but I guess you feed your sps with lights and flow
Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van-rookie View Post
Chris,

you should feed them more often ....but I guess you feed your sps with lights and flow
The sps get lights and flow but I'm sure some of the sps eat the coral frenzy as do the fish. Coral frenzy is so small I'm sure the polyps are able to grab it as for the mysis the plates seem to like it there always a bunch they catch same with the speckled paly's.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 10-18-2007, 02:28 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van-rookie View Post
thanks catherine...

i have phytoplankton, reef roid and coral frenzy...but not sure how much and often I should feed the corals. I think I have enough flow and sufficient light
When I used Reefroids earlier this summer I went along with the package instructions, but once I started adding more corals, I increased the dosage. I really didn't see much change in my corals from the Reefroids, but my fish sure did love it.