Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-30-2010, 01:25 AM

ner'T' is on a distinguished road

I added a blue headshield a few days ago. Within an hour it transformed from a thin-ribbon into a football! It seems to be kicking ass, but I'm sure it won't mow then all down. A plus is that it's really pretty too. I will update later.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:49 AM

Marlin65 is on a distinguished road

I eradicated them out of two of my tanks and one has a huge 35gallon refugium on it.

I had tried a few times and had a hard time with the first tank. The first time I dosed on my 75 I had really underestimated how many I had and it really kicked the crap out of my tank my clams closed right up and all my sps went brown for about 3 weeks. My fish really freaked out by having to many worms release toxin all at ones. I did the water change more than was recommend. This is a must.
After this episode I still had lots of them left.
The fist time kind of freaked me out so now I was hesitant to relive this episode. I was determined to get rid of them so did another dose. This time went much better. I did see the odd one but ended up getting a mandarin and I saw him eat some right away. It has been about a month and a half and they are no longer there in my 75.

I also had them in my 100 so for this tank I took everything out and back in again. I had 1000's my sand and glass was almost brown.
I drained the water without worms and put that in buckets.
I then took all my corals and rocks out swissching it in the tank to get as many of the flatworms off. After that I dosed all the buckets and really heavy in the tank. Used a net and filtered all the dead flat worms out of the remaining water. And then added everything back in the tank siphoning the dead worms that are now in the buckets with the rocks and coral out with a net.
All my worms were gone out of this tank in one shot. So it can work
I dosed almost double on that tank than recomended. It does say to add more if you don't see result in 30 min.
I have gone through about three bottles of the stuff and found out if you don't dose heavy you will not kill them all that and if you see some left hit them again and again if you need to.
It won't harm you corals or fish and worked for me.