Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 10-13-2008, 11:27 PM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

omg yikes!!! Now I feel real bad for searching videos of tanks breaking on youtube earlier

*goes and knocks on wood*
Old 10-13-2008, 11:44 PM

Ephraim is on a distinguished road

ohhhh noooooooooooooooooooo! my heart goes out to you
Old 10-14-2008, 12:15 AM

Doo is on a distinguished road

Wish I was closer - sorry to hear about this
Old 10-14-2008, 12:19 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

OMG!!! I really feel for you guys.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:35 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Update (since I think Catherine and Kevin are away at their family T-day dinner now) - I came and got what can be saved. 5 fish, 9 clams, a couple SPS. I think the SPS is a stretch for any to make it (most already gone), the clams might do OK - some are looking a little haggard (many were already toast in the tank ), and the fish seem to me to be doing OK. In fact, Catherine's scopas is picking briopsis off my maxima.

.. the carnage was some of the worst I've ever seen. Good luck sorting through it all Cath and Kevin.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:20 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Correction, 6 fish.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 AM

Does anyone have a Sedra 5000 needlewheel impeller I could borrow? My ASM G3 crapped out a couple weeks ago. I had sold my ritteri and had a mostly empty tank and was going to tear down this tank so I hadn't replaced the impeller figuring I was going to offer up the skimmer for sale in as-is condition when the tank was empty.

Seeing as that plan just sorta flew out the window, does anyone have an impeller could borrow for a bit? Or a skimmer? Sedra's are used on ASM's and Euroreefs, if anyone has one of these unused that I could borrow for a few weeks can you please get in touch with me?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:13 AM

michika is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much everyone for your calls and messages. A huge thank you especially to Tony for running over and taking care of our livestock for a second time. Tony took care of my precious clams in December of 2007 when we had a huge disaster upon our move from Edmonton here to Calgary.

So what happened was a tube came out and spewed almost 180g of water onto our basement floor. There was approximately 3 inches of water in the bottom of our tank when we got home this afternoon at 2pm. Thankfully the floor drain works in our basement, and it looks like the only "water" damage is the fact that I sacrificed a few of my good towels to help soak up the mess.

Our house smells disgusting, our basement even worse. The MHs basically cooked everything that became exposed to air as the water was drained out. We figure none of our rock is live anymore and are expecting to have to start over from scratch.

Thank you again to everyone, and to Tony for the help.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:39 AM

levi1803 is on a distinguished road

OMG, that's horrible Catherine. I think that is everyones biggest nightmare come true.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:43 AM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Does anyone have a Sedra 5000 needlewheel impeller I could borrow? My ASM G3 crapped out a couple weeks ago. I had sold my ritteri and had a mostly empty tank and was going to tear down this tank so I hadn't replaced the impeller figuring I was going to offer up the skimmer for sale in as-is condition when the tank was empty.

Seeing as that plan just sorta flew out the window, does anyone have an impeller could borrow for a bit? Or a skimmer? Sedra's are used on ASM's and Euroreefs, if anyone has one of these unused that I could borrow for a few weeks can you please get in touch with me?
Tony, you can borrow my Deltec MCE600 if needs be. Let me know.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz