Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-31-2009, 07:07 PM

new but handy is on a distinguished road

I make a mixture of food and vitimins, freeze them in ice cube trays and drop the cubes into a floating ring. The ring is right above a PH so it spreads the food around fairly well. A good bonus is the cubes melt slowly so the fish keep up with the food. The only problem is my 7" regal figured it out so he hangs out by the ring and picks off most of the food. Enough gets by for the rest of my fish though. I leave at 5:30 am so this was the easiest way for the girlfriend to feed my tank
Old 11-01-2009, 05:36 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Ha, ha, funny you should mention your regal having the smarts (or hunting instinct) to know what's up at feeding time. In my system it's my Singapore Angel that has the wits and courage to cruise up to the feeding box when the food drops. He helps disperse the remaining food by pecking away at the floating morsels. He's not a hog, though, one or two pecks and he drops back down to chase down the remainder of his meal. Usually takes a few seconds after he does his thing for the rest of the crew to go into feeding mode.