Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Gold Aquariums

Old 02-04-2007, 11:06 PM

briansmyth is on a distinguished road
Default Coral food confusion

I'd be interested in getting feedback from everyone about what they are feeding their corals and what particular foods with which corals is being successful for you. There are lots of good marketing names out there, but some of these foods must work better with certain corals.

I've been using Reef Roids, Two Fishes' Zoplan and Phytoplan, and Kent Marine's MicroVert,PhytoPlex, and ZooPlex. I am confused. Sometimes I add the Kent Marine liquids to my Reef Roids and I turkey baste with that.

I do think thet my zoos are doing very well with the Reef Roids. Anyone else doing any kind of testing of coral foods.

Here are the ingredients of Coral Frenzy as listed on that company's website:

Coral Frenzy was developed to reach certain specifications for feeding a coral tank. It was designed to be an all in one food source for your corals so you would not have to hassle with 10 different foods to satisfy all of your corals.
CORAL FRENZY CONTAINS:
Oyster Larvae, Salmon Roe, Fish Protein, Rotifers, Copepods, Daphnia, Dunaliella salina, Haematococcus Pluvialis, Spirulina, & Schizochytrium. It is rich in amino acids, proteins, carotenoids, HUFA, PUFA, & Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids.
The combination of these ingredients creates a notable feeding response and helps with coral growth and color as they consume the product. Coral Frenzy is a great food for sps, lps, zoanthids, softies, and other filter feeding organisms.
PARTICLE SIZE: 53-1700 microns
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS:
Crude Protein (min) 52.8%, Crude Fat (min) 9.8%, Crude Fiber (max) 1.6%, Ash (max) 14.2%, Moisture (max) 6.8%, Omega 3 (min) 26.7%, Omega 6 (min) 10.6%.