Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 05-28-2009, 01:25 AM

Flash is on a distinguished road

not sure yet....they are brownish... and quick little suckers! lol! they are small though!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:25 AM

paddyob is on a distinguished road
Default Bugs

There will always be pods on coral. regardless of where they come from. i dip all my corals when i get them... since a bad experience. i use seachem Reef Dip. lots came off and died in my dip container. i got one extra frag which is stinky. will die im sure. the other two look fine. So far. Favia Is really nice. im sure the non-stinky zoas Will open today. nice and fat. thanks Brad. you the man! thanks Burc!

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 AM

fragalot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
not sure yet....they are brownish... and quick little suckers! lol! they are small though!

lol you dont want to get rid of those suckers
Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
There will always be pods on coral. regardless of where they come from. i dip all my corals when i get them... since a bad experience. i use seachem Reef Dip. lots came off and died in my dip container. i got one extra frag which is stinky. will die im sure. the other two look fine. So far. Favia Is really nice. im sure the non-stinky zoas Will open today. nice and fat. thanks Brad. you the man! thanks Burc!

Your very welcome. Atlantis zoas has small polyps. I know you really wanted those guys. I hope they are okay.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 AM

paddyob is on a distinguished road
Default Hmmm

Well the small ones are really smelly. not a good sign. you included an extra zoa with big fat stems. not the same i assume? they are not open but look healthy. do you know what the extra was, cause i think the Small ones are going to die.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:35 AM

Flash is on a distinguished road

well perfect then!!! I will fresh water dip them for like 30 and then plop them in after I aclimate them a little more!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:42 AM

I am sure they will be okay. They are tough little guys.. I forgot one frag out of the water almost 45 mins but they opened up next morning. Just in case i will put one frag aside for you if they dont make it please let me know.

Quote:
Quote:
Well the small ones are really smelly. not a good sign. you included an extra zoa with big fat stems. not the same i assume? they are not open but look healthy. do you know what the extra was, cause i think the Small ones are going to die.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:19 AM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

All my acropora are goners and some of my stuff wasn't there. Also Shaun's stuff wasn't sent.
Here was my order:
Dawn
11 - died
26 - died
53 - good
61 - good
75 - waiting for them to open
88 - didn't get
99 - good
Bumblee Bee Zoa's - didn't get
Lunar Paly's - didn't get

Shaun

J.Lloy, all arrived in good condition. #26 is sliming quite a bit but hopefully will be fine.

Last edited by noirsphynx; 05-28-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:23 AM

Fox is on a distinguished road

Well I hope everyone is happy with how this worked out...

As for my personal corals, I have never tried the stoney corals before (SPS I think?) but I presume if they are white that is not a good sign? Both of mine are almost all white...so I await your answers...hehe but other than that the others look good...cant wait to see them open up...

Burc I will message you when I get more time...Tonight is BOOOOOOOOOOOOKED! HEHEHE...

Landshark, sorry I couldnt stay at Starbucks longer (I waiting till 7:30), if you message me we'll arrange a time to get your corals and me to get my money :P .

Cheers

Old 05-28-2009, 02:38 AM

fencer is on a distinguished road

White = not a good sign..if you see no hint of brown or polyps...also not a good sign. If they are white 24hrs from now...no chance of recovery