Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 07-26-2011, 01:00 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Ah ha! So that's why you so easily gave up your urchin that I've been wanting and here I thought the pic. was of your smaller urchin in the small tank. Thanks for the frogspawn it's doing great

Hopefully everything goes smoothly with the new tank being built, I'm sure it will though and yes I'm starting to convert to the idea of moving to Calgary. But only cause I'm sick of being apart and I love you and want to live with you.

Last edited by fishoholic; 07-26-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 AM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post

that and she dropped a bomb on me.......it turns out that she has been conspiring behind my back and has had a tank built for me........I love this girl so much and now she's had my dream tank(well, dream tank as long as I am renting and still need to be able to move the tank) built for me........thanks so much baby......you rock!......more details when it actually holds water..............by the sounds of things I will be able to pick up the tank in a couple weeks.......I probably wont be able to set it up for a while as I will need to gather some parts for it and there is a very real possibility that my living arrangements will be changing soon......sounds like Ive got Laurie convinced to move down to Calgary......so there is no point really in setting it up until I know for sure what is going on .......anyway, it will be a big upgrade for me and I feel super blessed to have a Girly as wonderful as Laurie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Hopefully everything goes smoothly with the new tank being built, I'm sure it will though and yes I'm starting to convert to the idea of moving to Calgary. But only cause I'm sick of being apart and I love you and want to live with you.
Doug and Laurie sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First come come love...
Old 07-26-2011, 04:40 AM
Cugio

Next comes new tank upgrade in two weeks!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:50 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Wow that scolly is killer. I'm sure it'll heal up but I'll bet you pooped yourself when you saw that! I want those acans too!

Congrats on the new tank. I hear rumours about a large tank but can't recall if it was via you or someone else. Weren't you already sorta planning an upgrade?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Wow that scolly is killer. I'm sure it'll heal up but I'll bet you pooped yourself when you saw that! I want those acans too!

Congrats on the new tank. I hear rumours about a large tank but can't recall if it was via you or someone else. Weren't you already sorta planning an upgrade?
He's been talking about wanting a bigger tank for awhile but kept changing his mind on what he wanted and then wasn't sure if he would ever follow through with it. I kept pushing him to make up his mind on what he wanted (tank size wise) and I figured I'd help push him to follow through with it by getting it done for him for his birthday
Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 PM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
He's been talking about wanting a bigger tank for awhile but kept changing his mind on what he wanted and then wasn't sure if he would ever follow through with it. I kept pushing him to make up his mind on what he wanted (tank size wise) and I figured I'd help push him to follow through with it by getting it done for him for his birthday
now thats a good girlfriend. Every girl i know asks why I spend that much on my tank, I than point and there purse and ask "why did you spend that much on a portable garbage bag."
Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

dont get married Doug - the sweet gifts are few and far between once you tie the knot. I got a 42" flatscreen as a gift from the GF (now wife) way back when. Now that we are married I pretty much get clothes for every gift or gift cards for home depot so i can fix or renovate something to her liking...
Old 07-26-2011, 03:53 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

I dunno about that, My wife bought me my skimmer for a gift, once I figure out what kind of flow I want she's going to buy me that for a B-Day gift. Last year she was going to buy me a brand new truck, but I put a stop to that one once I caught wind of it..

Now that we have twins though... I'm not sure how long that trend will last.

Remember Doug, Twins run in Lauries family.....
Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post

I did nearly poop myself..... Then I nearly cried

I had always sort had it in my head that someday I would go bigger....I was just always worried about moving the thing, being that I rent.....also am worried about moving it given what happened the last time I moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
now thats a good girlfriend. Every girl i know asks why I spend that much on my tank, I than point and there purse and ask "why did you spend that much on a portable garbage bag."
I know she is
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi delt reefer View Post
dont get married Doug - the sweet gifts are few and far between once you tie the knot. I got a 42" flatscreen as a gift from the GF (now wife) way back when. Now that we are married I pretty much get clothes for every gift or gift cards for home depot so i can fix or renovate something to her liking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I dunno about that, My wife bought me my skimmer for a gift, once I figure out what kind of flow I want she's going to buy me that for a B-Day gift. Last year she was going to buy me a brand new truck, but I put a stop to that one once I caught wind of it..

Now that we have twins though... I'm not sure how long that trend will last.

Remember Doug, Twins run in Lauries family.....

Well it's pretty much the nicest gift I've ever recieved!

Not to sure about marriage yet..... We should probably live together first

I like twins........ Oh! You were talking about kids weren't you?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694