Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-24-2010, 03:58 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

You could post some pictures of that ahah.

I don't know... it just felt like it should be time for more pictures? GUess I thought it was a lil further ahah

Trim is awesome btw!
Old 02-24-2010, 04:01 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

No, sadly the last thing to do before I fill it with the contents of my 90gal is switch the lighting over. So everything sort of came to a grinding halt while I waited for the light rack to be built.

Currently on my 90gal I have two mogul metal halides. I'll be adding a third and I have that all wired up and ready to go but once I get the lighting off the other tank I pretty much have to move all the livestock over ASAP. So I'm just waiting for my next day off to get that done. Friday is the day....I hope

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Oh Christy... you always make me laugh... Sorry to hear about your troubles though..

What are your plans for the VHOs now?

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 02-24-2010, 04:13 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Good stuff!
Old 02-24-2010, 04:16 AM

Sorry to hear about your fish. That sucks! Actually your whole day pretty much sucked! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
Oh Christy... you always make me laugh... Sorry to hear about your troubles though..

What are your plans for the VHOs now?
Well at least I haven't lost that ability

Well yet again, due to my inability to guesstimate anything spatially or actually get out a tape measure, only about 40% of my VHO lighting is making it into my 90gal. The lumenarcs were an upgrade well after I built the hood and I only measured whether they'd fit, not whether they'd fit properly. The VHOs ended up sitting on the reflectors and a goodly portion of the light from them is actually reflected upwards into the hood (it lights the room quite nicely when the front of the hood is off ). So I would imagine if I keep the eurobracing clean in the new tank, probably about 40% will make it in there too.

I was also thinking I might go with blue LEDs. There is a guy here that custom builds LED light strips so I figured I might measure something up and go with that. I actually will measure it this time though. Thats no guarantee that it will fit though.

The ushios are pretty nice without actinic supplementation. I might just go with them too. Who knows at this point? I bought a couple used radiums to try too, just for fun ($20 for a pair). Its really hard to determine anything until you're looking at it. Currently I'm trying to position the three reflectors on the light rack, what a pain in the arse when you only have one to physically work with. I'm just gonna leave it alone until I have all three to fiddle with.

Another thing I realized while looking at the eurobracing is that my wavy sea will likely get cooked all to hell where its sitting currently. So I'll have to take that into account as well when positioning the reflectors.

Its a good thing I'm not in construction. Or better yet, I didn't build the stand. That could have been scary!

Just found superglue on a third finger. Go me!

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:20 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Sorry to hear about your fish. That sucks! Actually your whole day pretty much sucked! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
Yeah it did suck. And I didn't even include work, that sucked too!

My 180 Build

Old 02-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Staff

Got the light rack up today!! Looks like the glass needs cleaning

Just for fun I put a radium bulb in there. I picked up a couple used ones at the frag swap last fall. I'm really liking the color, they make my ushios look incredibly yellow

Yeah safety! Matt is a bit nervous about the whole light rack thing. I was hoping for something a bit less unsightly but it'll do for now.

My 180 Build

Old 02-25-2010, 01:57 AM

Chase31 is on a distinguished road

looks like your missing a light
Old 02-25-2010, 02:16 AM

Good stuff Christy. Glad to hear you had a better day today.