Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Polls

View Poll Results: Swine Flu/H1N1 Vaccination - yes or No?
Yes, I'll take it. 86 33.99%
No, I wont take it. 94 37.15%
I need more information before deciding. 26 10.28%
I've already had or have H1N1. 15 5.93%
I think it's a conspiracy of some sort so please don't take it! 32 12.65%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2009, 03:37 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I've made some posts in this thread in the past and I keep telling myself to stop looking at it, but I can't!!! I don't agree with everything on here but that doesn't make it any less interesting. So I thought I would share my families flu shot history. Myself, I had a cold 4 years ago and can't rememeber the last time I had the flu. I got the flu shot once a couple years ago and I never got sick but that's not unusual. My wife has athsma so she always gets the flu shot and is usually healthy. While pregnant with our last child she didn't get the flu shot and was sick with colds and flus for 8 months straight and refused to take any type of meds. Since then she gets the shot yearly and no more problems. Kids get the shot yearly as well and neither hardly ever gets sick despite being in school and daycare. Both of us questioned the H1N1 vaccine but after researching the more credible info we decided that for our childrens sake it was worth getting. We've all had vaccines in the past without issue and this years was no different. I relieze that this flu isn't the plague but unlike other flus healthy kids are dy ing and I won't risk my children even if the odds were 1 in a billion of dying from it. It's been a week now since the shot and so far none of us are sick or have developed any mutations or unrelated diseases and I haven't discovered any listening devices in my house. Although all the Calgary Flames got the shot so maybe it really is poison after all!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:16 AM

Veng68 is on a distinguished road

The Raptors, Leafs and Chilliwack Heat also got the H1N1 shots. I bet most sports teams have had it already.

Cheers,
Vic
Old 11-05-2009, 04:18 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

I got my shot yesterday, I am am not clucking like a chicken, I am not now confined to a wheel chair, I am not paranoid that the government is now tracking me, and I am not worried about the uber tiny amount of Mercury in the vaccine!

Also;

Man did land on the moon!

Aids was not created by the U.S. military!

The world will not end in 2012!

September 11 was not orchestrated by the U. S. government!

Barcodes are not really intended to Control people!

And finally,

Kentucky Fried Chicken does not make black men impotent!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:14 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post

Man did land on the moon!

Aids was not created by the U.S. military!

The world will not end in 2012!

September 11 was not orchestrated by the U. S. government!

Barcodes are not really intended to Control people!

And finally,

Kentucky Fried Chicken does not make black men impotent!
Not that I'm disputing any of that but you can't prove any of it and if you truly believe everything in the media meaning you believe this is the same person, I feel sorry for you.

I'm not saying I believe all these conspiracy theory's but sometimes we don't have all the facts and there are certainly things that do get covered up.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:54 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Not that I'm disputing any of that but you can't prove any of it and if you truly believe everything in the media meaning you believe this is the same person, I feel sorry for you.

I'm not saying I believe all these conspiracy theory's but sometimes we don't have all the facts and there are certainly things that do get covered up.
Yeah, I do believe some things are covered up but the majority of the conspiracies are just rediculous!

I think the picture on the left is actually Russell Peters with a beard and turbin.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:20 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
Yeah, I do believe some things are covered up but the majority of the conspiracies are just rediculous!
Well of course they are, but I believe that's the whole point. You see the media can do the same thing but most people will believe ridiculous stories just because it's on the news or on TV. I believe the point of a lot of these theories is simply to get your attention and point out some of the obvious holes that exist which will show you that the same information can be looked at in completely different way. Then just maybe people will start to think a little more for themselves instead of believing whatever is presented to you. Of course there are the two byproducts which are the two types of people on the extreme of either side, one that only believes everything the media believes and the other that only believes crazy conspiracy theories. I believe where we should be is somewhere in the middle asking questions and trying to get as many facts as possible before making a decision.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:40 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

I think it has officially gotten out of hand.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Poor Piglet!!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:12 PM

VFX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
I think it has officially gotten out of hand.

Nice!

Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties
Default OMG!!! This was a lot of reading!

I am more educated and feel better knowing I read this on my own accord this time. I am so sick and bloody tired of hearing about this stuff on the news and seeing it in all the papers. I am still not going to get the vaccination though. Just standing in line for hours with so many other people is a risk in itself already. I have hand sanitizer in every pocket and use it always. I don't touch anything I don't touch my face and I take immune enhancing supplements and vitamins. I feel this is the best that I can do.

There is so much hype on both sides, I am just going to sit on the fence and try not to watch or touch anything.