Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 06-29-2009, 03:16 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Thanks David, but it wasn't your fault that I was missing frags. The brain is yours!

So you guys narrowed down my nationality to every south east Asian country save for Thailand! You're mostly correct though. I am 1/4 Cambodian, 1/4 Chinese and 1/2 Vietnamese.. That's why I look funny, er.. I mean ethnically ambiguous
Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 PM

aquatic_rice is on a distinguished road

i just feel bad cuz its always your order that gets messed up!
so we were half right? i guess?
and thank you for the frag, i dunno if i thanked you when you picked up ur frags. 3 of my acros died

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Thanks David, but it wasn't your fault that I was missing frags. The brain is yours!

So you guys narrowed down my nationality to every south east Asian country save for Thailand! You're mostly correct though. I am 1/4 Cambodian, 1/4 Chinese and 1/2 Vietnamese.. That's why I look funny, er.. I mean ethnically ambiguous
hey scott,
hows ur corals doin?
thanks for the zoos

ill be fragging some zoos, xenias, and some sps (will post pics soon) to make some room in my tank. lemme know if you guys want some
Old 06-29-2009, 06:38 PM

hummer is on a distinguished road

I would be interested in buying some.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:32 PM

This morning I found that one of my fragalot frags has morphed into a brilliant white colour. I will post some pics later to see if people can help me identify what type of SPS it is. It could be one of those Arctic White SPS' that I've read about.. or someone in the tank has spooked it.

Out of the 6 SPS' that I ordered, I only received 3 of them, and now one of them is checking out I'll give it another week to see if it turns around. I've had bleached SPS' turn around before so maybe.. We'll see.

David, be sure to talk to Burc about your SPS issues. He'll sort you out, and I'll see you on the next fragalot order
Old 06-29-2009, 11:25 PM

Argentiner is on a distinguished road

All the polyps were out by the end of the night on all of them, but one was really faded. Seems like this is a lot better than what everyone else had. My true bali tricolour looks fantastic. And my #37 looks really good as well. I'll try and get picks up sometime. I'd like to give them a few days and see what colours they turn into. Thanks again for picking them up for me and holding them David.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:53 AM

well the ones that died are 2 free frags and 1 i ordered so i wont fuss about it.

i really appreciate what burc did to make up for all the commotion during the order period, there were alot of nice free frags and the colonies were great. But always having to do damage control doesnt really work for me. The response time, im sorry to say was really bad this time, i understand he is very busy, but he is also running a business.
plus my tank has absolutely no room thanks to burc (scott can vouch for that ) especially with that huge brain colony (dont worry pics are coming soon), so thanks again to burc.

maybe ill order from him again in the future after i upgrade my system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
This morning I found that one of my fragalot frags has morphed into a brilliant white colour. I will post some pics later to see if people can help me identify what type of SPS it is. It could be one of those Arctic White SPS' that I've read about.. or someone in the tank has spooked it.

Out of the 6 SPS' that I ordered, I only received 3 of them, and now one of them is checking out I'll give it another week to see if it turns around. I've had bleached SPS' turn around before so maybe.. We'll see.

David, be sure to talk to Burc about your SPS issues. He'll sort you out, and I'll see you on the next fragalot order
no problem scott, glad to hear they are doing good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentiner View Post
All the polyps were out by the end of the night on all of them, but one was really faded. Seems like this is a lot better than what everyone else had. My true bali tricolour looks fantastic. And my #37 looks really good as well. I'll try and get picks up sometime. I'd like to give them a few days and see what colours they turn into. Thanks again for picking them up for me and holding them David.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 PM

hummer is on a distinguished road

Day 4 Update.
So far my frags are doing pretty good. 1 sps started turning white so I glued that part and it seems to be working. The sun coral still hasn't opened up. Anyone know how i could encourage it? Still learning how to use this camera. Will post better pics later.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:07 PM

Update: All of my zoas are doing great, but the second of my 3 received SPS' is bleaching from the bottom up... not good.. boo hoo!

K.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:28 PM

put some food in the tank a little after lights out and give em time. should slowly come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Day 4 Update.
So far my frags are doing pretty good. 1 sps started turning white so I glued that part and it seems to be working. The sun coral still hasn't opened up. Anyone know how i could encourage it? Still learning how to use this camera. Will post better pics later.
you should feed with some sups like selcon till they get pretty healthy. it will help with the recovery. i feed mine brine, mysis, bloodworms, coral frenzy, and cyclops

Last edited by aquatic_rice; 07-01-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:32 AM

Argentiner is on a distinguished road
Default pics

Here's some pics of the frags I got from the last order

True bali tricolour

[IMG][/IMG]

The old #37 $10 frag

[IMG][/IMG]

The old #36 $10 frag (turning more and more blue all the time)

[IMG][/IMG]

Free frags ( I had the red dragon prostrata on the left before)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

You can see the one in the middle is faded, but is starting to get a bit of colour, slowly. I think some of these are in his new, $10 frag page.