Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-01-2015, 03:27 PM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help never had water issues like this must have just been the new fish and pump and not keeping up with my bigger %wc
Old 05-01-2015, 03:34 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

And it's evidence that the water changes for removal of nitrates are only masking the bigger issues , if your nutrient rise is greater than what you remove then you'll slowly accumulate. Something as simple as 0.5ppm is 3.5ppm in a week and 7 in two and so on and so on. Sometimes the rise is so small it takes months to even notice you've been going up.

Adding more nitrogen sources simply speeds all this up more so.

Water changes have great advantages but I don't consider nutrient export one of them maybe a bonus to be had but certainly not it's best feature

You'll get there attack in small battles and wear your enemy down step by step, there's no rush to do this unless you feel the tanks inhabitants are in danger or decline

Good luck buddy

Denny
Old 05-01-2015, 03:42 PM

Yea only a few corals have shown issues a few of my high end acans have lost a bit of color and 2 sps my monti stenosa and another acro all seem a bit stressed while the rest if the tank looks awesome so hoping with the wc and the carbon dosing I can pull it all back
Old 05-01-2015, 03:43 PM

On a side note my frogspawn is loving the dirty water and my bubble tips and Duncan's never looked better
Old 05-10-2015, 07:59 PM

Week 3 weeks in and things are looking really good ordered a new nitrate test kit should be in this week to get some reliable numbers but after the 2 massive water changes and the dosing (doing about 30ml a day till tomorrow bump up)

P04 is down to like 0.06 Nitrate kits is real expired says 30ish my other one says 15 so we will see when new kit comes

Some of the corals look incrediblly different and the few sps colonies that were really struggling are starting to get the polyps back and starting to come back, my zoa's have taken off and able to make frags of almost every colony over the last weeks

Still waiting on the high end acans to color back up and recover

ill get some pics up here today if i can
Old 05-13-2015, 07:14 PM

Update
Old 05-13-2015, 07:18 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Looks good. I like your aquasacape. Why do you have one of your light fixtures higher?
Old 05-13-2015, 07:39 PM

....Well funny story kinda... when I was installing them I didn't use long enough screws to go threw the board and hit a stud and in the middle of the night 1 day later the whole light fixtures fell into the water... managed to not start a fire or fry the drivers and also to save most of the leds but some on the left 2 most fixtures burnt out And i haven't got around to doing another order to replace them so I upped the output on the drivers to compensate but the left most one didn't lose any and it was noticeably more bright and with that rock higher corals seemed to like it like that so I just went with it
Old 05-14-2015, 03:35 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Love your tank size Craig
Old 05-14-2015, 03:42 AM

Thumbs up

Yea it's good and manageable 72x20x20