Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-07-2011, 06:14 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
You need to switch majors to whatever Levi is studying. It apparently pays a lot better.
Or forge a deal with the Devil & get partners in your tank .
Only downside is you have to ask nicely every time you want to stick your hand in, I also lack control on aquascape, feeding, maintenance and stocking...

His fancy LED lights cost me a $500 cell phone as well, apparently it's fair game to smack my phone out of my hand into the fish tank when I get close enough to the brand new LEDS. Lesson learned, uninstalled the "Flash Light App" on my phone .
Old 11-07-2011, 06:21 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Ouch.

PS. I hope I did not offend, I was just teasin'... When I think back to MY student days, I had no trouble making big ticket purchases either. Fast forward a few years, insert one mortgage, insert one family to feed .. and suddenly I can't do those anymore. Yet my income compared to my student days is several orders of magnitude different!!!! Stupid "real life" getting in the way of the good stuff!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:25 PM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

^^^^
oh man my iphone has almost gone diving a few times, its not allowed anywhere near the tank now

Quote:
You need to switch majors to whatever Levi is studying. It apparently pays a lot better.
We're both in bachelor of science but I'm in geology.... don't know what he's majored in. My internships pay awesome though!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:42 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ouch.

PS. I hope I did not offend, I was just teasin'... When I think back to MY student days, I had no trouble making big ticket purchases either. Fast forward a few years, insert one mortgage, insert one family to feed .. and suddenly I can't do those anymore. Yet my income compared to my student days is several orders of magnitude different!!!! Stupid "real life" getting in the way of the good stuff!!!
None taken what so ever, you can stop scaring me with all this "real life" talk though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
^^^^
oh man my iphone has almost gone diving a few times, its not allowed anywhere near the tank now

We're both in bachelor of science but I'm in geology.... don't know what he's majored in. My internships pay awesome though!
Ironically there was a flashlight like 2m away from the tank... Cellular & Molecular Biology here, internships involve collecting Bumblebee gonads in the field, it's such BUZZing working I can hardly BEEhave myself .
Old 11-07-2011, 06:55 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

The farther I climb up the corporate ladder the more I wish I pumped gas for a living!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:58 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Does Dr. Din still teach? Oh wait, are you at UofC or MRU?

I did a bunch of CMMBI, organic chem, and biochemistry before switching majors. Biochemistry was the worst mistake of my life. "I like bio. I like chem. Therefore, I should LOVE biochem!" (....wrong!!)

My chem classes were the best, basically, everything involved blowing something up. It was basically Mythbusters, now that I think about it some. Those were the best demos ever!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:50 PM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

Both of us are at MRU but I might transfer to UofC because the geology program does not offer enough classes. Blows.

I don't know whats better, graphing cross sections in a cubical or being outside and collecting a bee's balls. ha ha

btw my $hitty mushroom has turned out to be over rated. After expanding its now a dull metallic orange. Another one that was included has now become my fav
Old 11-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Just emptied my skimmer cup, UGH!!! NASTY!
Old 11-09-2011, 04:45 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Why the hell is it that kids now a days think its cool to pop out babies at the age of 21, when you have only been in a relationship for a yr at the most.

Clairifying: found out tonight that I am going to have not 1 but 2 grand kids in 2012

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 11-09-2011, 05:21 AM

You're a-gonna be busy..

But at least they're grandkids, and not, say, YOUR kids. Could you imagine being our age and having small kids underfoot .... er.. waitaminit. Awwwwwcrap.

Congrats on your expanding (by proxy at least) brood