Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-10-2009, 04:21 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

BRS probably?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:28 PM

new but handy is on a distinguished road

couldn't someone just buy CPVC from anywhere? It's pvc for electrical conduits. It's the same as pvc (as far as I know) and it's grey.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:10 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Schedule-80 pipe is also grey. It's rated for much higher pressures than we really need but you can't argue against that it looks cooooooool.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Ok the tank looks 10x cooler under light AND water. Do I win a biscuit?

This is freshwater of course lol. Leak-free so far! Going to run it all day and hope for the best. I'm leaving the house for most of the day too which seems pretty smart to me.

And yeah the plumbing was from BRS.

Coolest thing is with sunlight in my livingroom the auto whitebalance has capture the look perfectly! Tho your mileage may vary since every monitor is diff.

Last edited by lastlight; 04-11-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:32 PM

plutoniumJoe is on a distinguished road

This is one of the most inspiring tanks I have ever seen. The sump and everything is just so clean and perfect, I bet you are almost hesitant to put fish in it. Can I ask how wide your euro bracing strips are and do they sit on top of the edge pieces or is that just how it looks.

Joe.

Foxface, Naso, Coral Beauty, 2 Clowns, 2 Chromis, Orange Anthias, and Striped Goby.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:30 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Saaaaweet!

I wouldn't put fish in it. Or saltwater. This set up is just way too clean and nice looking to ruin with livestock. You will just get algae and crap ruining the look. Fish are too messy. Keep it modern and sleek just how it is now. I think the rockwork is absolutely perfect!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:03 AM

kodak is on a distinguished road

That is a beautiful set up, nice job!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:20 AM

sharuq1 is on a distinguished road

What an absolutely gorgeous setup. It's like TOTM and not even filled yet. Is that a Bubbleking?

How did you get the front doors to slide? Just drawer sliders or something. (Probably dumb question, but I'm handy-impaired) Is that tile over wood? Is it sealed in any way?

Tell us more about the sump, looking at all that pipe is making my brain hurt <confusion> ok...that and severe sleep deprivation, lol!

Can you give me any idea how much it's all costed for setup? Interested in doing something similar some time far in the future and I'd like to know what I'd be in for. (If you're comfortable telling me, that is-feel free to pm, if that's not too forward....)
Old 04-11-2009, 03:53 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Lol. I totally remember my first reef and yeah everything looked so clean and tidy. The reef part has a tendancy to make everything look a lot worse! My mistake was not using a wipe-friendly paint last time around. I used melamine for everything and you can wipe it like a counter-top so I'm hoping to keep things relatively clean down there.

I was out all day today and the system still holds all the water I placed in it! RELIEF!

Thanks for the kind words but realize my only running tank was pretty pathetic looking. I lost quite a few corals and algae choked everything. I appreciate the compliments but please visit my thread once I have a reef lol. I'm really hoping I've learned as much as I think I have while I've been tankless.

The sliding doors are nothing more than drawer slides mounted to the face of the stand. The plywood has tile on it correct.

The eurobracing I think is about 4 inches wide but that's just a guess.

Last edited by lastlight; 04-11-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:59 AM
Gold Member

Default Since I'm making no tank progress...

My new baby boy has been in the NICU for a week now. Tonight he had nearly all his tubes etc removed an we got to hold him! Been a really rough week but I felt like updating my thread with the good news. Hopefully take him home this weekend!

Bryce and daddy crazy-eyes.

Cuddletime.