Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 08-18-2005, 06:07 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Ok so I have finaly gone on a trip with no losses in my tank, chiller worked like a charm through the last two weeks of heat wave we had. My discussion with Pacificcoast didn't help in the problem as all they could tell me was put it on its own circut, don't use an extension cord, and other fuses are inferior to ours.

well there fuses were blowing as much as others, I am on an extension cord (be carful you have one the right size for the current you could be using) and I already had it on its own plug. none of the changes they recomended worked so in the end I found that during the summer I have to put my temp spread to 4 degrees instead of two. I have not blowen a fuse sence I changed the pull down to 4 degrees and that was through several 25 degree pluss days (about 2 weeks in a row)

the guys there are helpfull but they are just distrubitors and not the company that builds them so they can only help so much.

Christy while you are in vancouver go to some electronic stores and look there as they are hard as hell to find on the island. they are the smaller version of a 10A glass fuse.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

I found the fuses here in Nanaimo

As well, I also only had problems when I attempted the 2 degree spread setting. I set it back to 4 degrees and haven't had a problem since. Frustrating since I want the chiller to hold at 79 degrees but don't want it to go down to 75 at night before the heater comes on

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:31 AM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road
Default Chiller

You know.... for all it's worth.... I have my Coralife 1/6 keeping 210 gallons of water at a steady 79.5 during the day and 77.5 at night... (assisted somewhat by room AC)... I was really worried when I stuck 900 watts of light over the 135 that heat was going to be an issue... but I put a couple real good fans in the hood... and summer's almost over and I STILL have yet to see 80... No blown fuses... no hassles... happy inhabitants...
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!
Old 08-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5

As well, I also only had problems when I attempted the 2 degree spread setting. I set it back to 4 degrees and haven't had a problem since. Frustrating since I want the chiller to hold at 79 degrees but don't want it to go down to 75 at night before the heater comes on
My unit keeps the temp stable at 4 degrees as well as it did at 2 degrees. I have still blown the occasional fuse, but I switched out the fuse holder to a standard unit and can buy fuses at the gas station if I have to.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

See?? I post in this stupid thread, and wham! Blow another fuse. This time I hit 93 F and lost 2 or three corals!! Yes, the nicest 2 or 3!!
@$@%$^#$%^% Chiller!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 12:07 AM

Willow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Willow Send a message via Yahoo to Willow

dude sell that pos and get a better chiller!

90 Gallon LPS tank - Challice, Acans, Favia, Diplo and Zoos
125 Gallon SPS Coming Soon!
Old 09-04-2005, 01:45 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
dude sell that pos and get a better chiller!
no sh*t!!! Also lost my last piece of my purple cap.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:35 AM

Chin_Lee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chin_Lee
Default fan & chiller

are you guys cooling your tank only with a chiller or do you have a fan as well? I put my chiller on its own thermostat and my fan on another. Fan on <80 degress, chiller on <82 degress. Chiller has turned on only once this summer for me and yes I did have to replace a lot of water from my sump but it sure beats replacing fuses and all that fuss.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef_raf
See?? I post in this stupid thread, and wham! Blow another fuse. This time I hit 93 F and lost 2 or three corals!! Yes, the nicest 2 or 3!!
@$@%$^#$%^% Chiller!!!
um.. when was this it hasn't been that hot has it?
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 09-04-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: fan & chiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chin_lee
are you guys cooling your tank only with a chiller or do you have a fan as well? I put my chiller on its own thermostat and my fan on another. Fan on <80 degress, chiller on <82 degress. Chiller has turned on only once this summer for me and yes I did have to replace a lot of water from my sump but it sure beats replacing fuses and all that fuss.
I am only using the chiller now and I am having no problems but I have a fan forcing extra air through the chiller which Brad doesen't. I wanted to turn off the fans so I wasn't evaporating 5 gal a day.

Steve