Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 10-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemah View Post
Brad, what are you doing for a bulb combination?

I've played with it a bunch over the weekend and found this combination one of the best. Spots 3 and 6 are on a different circuit, so the sunrise/sunset looks kinda washed, I miss the LED Royal Blue at point in the day...

--Front--
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+
Purple+
Aquablue Special
Blue+
Purple +
Blue+
--Back--
I'm not sure yet. I have 2 each of Blue+, Coral+, Purple+, and waiting for 2 back ordered Aquablue specials. In the interim, I have a couple of KZ 15k bulbs which I think look like garbage, so probably won't keep them in once the specials show up.
The blue+ take the 2 bulb circuit for the actinic effect, but I haven't really finalized the distribution. The light is still on my table waiting for 2 more fans. Currently I have a 4' unit resting on top of the tank between two SOLs. No idea what bulbs or age of bulbs, but anxious to get the new unit fired up.

Last edited by Aquattro; 10-15-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:21 PM

Spyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I'm not sure yet. I have 2 each of Blue+, Coral+, Purple+, and waiting for 2 back ordered Aquablue specials. In the interim, I have a couple of KZ 15k bulbs which I think look like garbage, so probably won't keep them in once the specials show up.
The blue+ take the 2 bulb circuit for the actinic effect, but I haven't really finalized the distribution. The light is still on my table waiting for 2 more fans. Currently I have a 4' unit resting on top of the tank between two SOLs. No idea what bulbs or age of bulbs, but anxious to get the new unit fired up.
I would do away with the Aquablue Specials and just get 2 more Blue +. The Aquablue Specials are like the Coral Plus except even whiter IMO. Your tank would look too white, unless you like that look. I run a 8 x 80w ATI with 5 - Blue Plus, 2 - Coral Plus and 1 - Purple Plus. It's still not super blue, but it is not completely white either. Just my opinion.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:22 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemah View Post
I miss the LED Royal Blue at point in the day...
Same for me while the halide is doing things the radion only dreamed about I miss the RB
I ordered a RB led retro kit so hoping to have that soon
Old 10-15-2013, 12:29 PM

Spyd is on a distinguished road

I just ordered some DIY RB LED kits for my ATI Fixture. I will be running a strip of RB off of both sides of my fixture. That way I get some additional PAR, along with the nice LED pop and shimmer.

I am using 2" wide extruded aluminim for heat sinks. I don't have a canopy so I need a nice clean look and this would be best.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyd View Post
I would do away with the Aquablue Specials and just get 2 more Blue +. The Aquablue Specials are like the Coral Plus except even whiter IMO. Your tank would look too white, unless you like that look. I run a 8 x 80w ATI with 5 - Blue Plus, 2 - Coral Plus and 1 - Purple Plus. It's still not super blue, but it is not completely white either. Just my opinion.
I'll keep that in mind. It's what I have now, so I'll use it, but I'm sure things will change once I run it for a while. My only guide was the description for the bulbs
I do want to try and find a strip of blue LED that I can hook into my Apex for extra blue, some ramping and a bit of shimmer. Let me know how your add-ons work.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:49 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Sounds like all y'alls are feeling a little blue after switching from LEDS. I'm blue la-da-dee da-dee-da da-da-dee da-dee-da
Old 10-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I do want to try and find a strip of blue LED that I can hook into my Apex for extra blue
and so it begins. before that which is just beginning has barely begun.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
and so it begins. before that which is just beginning has barely begun.
No, it began before it begun! The plan was always to add a strip of LED, as I really do love the ramping ability. Choosing blue is simply a matter of providing an actinic type dimming effect.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:58 AM

waynemah is on a distinguished road

I find it's a give and take relationship with this hobby. The RB is what I'll give up for the coverage I'm after. Tank seems quite a bit brighter though.

Brad, do you prefer a more white or blue look to a tank? The combination I choose is more white than a SOL Blue with 100% white and 80% on CB/RB. I'm very happy with it. I just hope the corals gain some coloration over the next while.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Just a guy..

I prefer a more blue look, the SOLs were at 100% on both blue and 96% on white. I suppose I'll have to tune the color once I have it in place a while, or I'll get used to whatever color it gives

Tags
aqua digital, pukani