Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 PM

ChrisKrillz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Does your firefish even come out with the sixline roaming around? Dwarf angel and clowns are tough little fishes so I wouldn't be worried about them. Do some research before you add any other wrasses but I can tell you they are one of my favorite fish.
The firefish come out in the evening when the lights are on and are more apparent when feeding. That being said though, when the firefish are out the sixline can be a bit aggressive at time.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Get rid of the 6 line if its aggressive already if you want to add flasher/fairy wrasses. If you do a search, you'll read a lot of stories from members whose 6 lines harassed small, docile fish (often to death).
Old 08-16-2012, 05:17 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Get rid of the 6 line if its aggressive already if you want to add flasher/fairy wrasses. If you do a search, you'll read a lot of stories from members whose 6 lines harassed small, docile fish (often to death).
my sixline whos fullgrown killed the last 3 fish i added to my tank almost instantly ill never buy one again

that said my black leopard and him are now best friends the good thing about wrasses is they have the option to hide in the sand if stuff goes downhill, mine did just that to get away from the sixline, he would come out for a minute get harrassed then hide and repeat the process after 2 weeks they are the best of buds hunting side by side....weird and trust me this is n ot like my sixline he usually cares for no one lol

that said i just added a blue spot leopard to the fragtank, i gotta say im loving these guys and am getting addicted lol

thought about buying a christmas wrasse yesterday but i decided against it untill some research.

so what do you guys think abiut the xmas wrasse good fish or not??
Old 08-16-2012, 05:33 PM

Littlefishy is on a distinguished road

I have a McCosker Flasher (love him!). I got a six line (well my boyfriend did much to my hesitation and reservations) several months after. He was great at first. Lately I noticed my McCosker cowering a bit from the six line, I think a bit of bullying (all of the other fish are fine). My solution? Add more live rock with TONS of hiding spaces. Seems to have helped significantly, now they have their own territories.
Check out the picture I took of my McCosker!
Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

That is definitely one of the most beautiful & colourful McCosker's I've seen. Lucky you. Watch out. Wrasses are very addictive.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:56 PM

Littlefishy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
That is definitely one of the most beautiful & colourful McCosker's I've seen. Lucky you. Watch out. Wrasses are very addictive.
Thank you! That was when I first got him. He has dulled a bit in colour since (no reason to flash) but still beautiful none the less! Wrasse's are very addictive
Old 09-03-2012, 05:40 PM

dc4 is on a distinguished road

My latest additions:

They were huddled together under the same rock so I grabbed both of them. I saw Richs name on the tank so it made me curious. Thanks a lot Rich, my wallet is a lot lighter now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-03-2012, 06:38 PM

A better pic of the male

Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Wow big spender!!! Don't blame the player, blame the game. You should thank me for pointing those guys out to you.

Btw I had another wrasse on hold on the other side not sure if you saw it.....I think they call them labouti and there are 2 more left....maybe...I like to quote from one of our vancouver's infamous reefer "WOW, BAG IT!"

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013

Last edited by Bblinks; 09-03-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Wow big spender!!! Don't blame the player, blame the game. You should thank me for pointing those guys out to you.

Btw I had another wrasse on hold on the other side not sure if you saw it.....I think they call them labouti and there are 2 more left....maybe...I like to quote from one of our vancouver's infamous reefer "WOW, BAG IT!"
Lol, I did thank you in my previous post, just didn't mean it.

Yeah, those labouti were nice but I thought I would leave them for you in case you wanted to form a wrasse gang and needed some langs.