Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-02-2011, 01:42 AM

nlreefguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedSpecial View Post
I went over to Paul's yesterday to see what he received, but obviously they hadn't arrived yet. I ended up working late tonight, and have plans tomorrow, so the earliest I'll get over is Thursday... Hopefully there is something left!

NLReefguy, was there many zoanthids in the order?
It was mostly zoanthids, yes. And thanks for your comments on the pipe organ that gives me some hope, though I must say that hasn't been my experience.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:46 AM

chris121277 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you guys made out quite well on your order. I won't get into my experience with him again, but after 2 attempts...sounds like you ahead of the game.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:42 AM
bvlester

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlreefguy View Post
It was mostly zoanthids, yes. And thanks for your comments on the pipe organ that gives me some hope, though I must say that hasn't been my experience.
Hi I rescued a small piece of pipe organ off a zoe rock the zoe's all but the three polyps I reused. they are now a thriving colony with about 40 - 50 heads on it and growing nicely. I also have a rock of organ coral they seem to be popping out of the rock after they were in my tank for 5 then about 2 months ago they started popping up that rock is in my kids tank. The heads on this colony are smaller.

I would say they should be Ok depending on how well they shipped.

Bill
Old 03-02-2011, 08:47 AM

nlreefguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
Hi I rescued a small piece of pipe organ off a zoe rock the zoe's all but the three polyps I reused. they are now a thriving colony with about 40 - 50 heads on it and growing nicely. I also have a rock of organ coral they seem to be popping out of the rock after they were in my tank for 5 then about 2 months ago they started popping up that rock is in my kids tank. The heads on this colony are smaller.

I would say they should be Ok depending on how well they shipped.

Bill
Thanks. wow, that hasn't been my experience with pipe organs at all but I'm really encouraged by what you guys are saying. May not be a dead loss after all.

On another note, Burc got back to me after and stated that he will send me another package with the missing frags, no questions asked. So that's very good and, yes, I know we are ahead of the game compared to the usual experience - maybe an indication of some change???
Old 03-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlreefguy View Post
maybe an indication of some change???
Or an indication he's aware of the publicity he's receiving and trying extra hard because of it?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:54 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

That is called hitting the nail on the head.....
Old 03-02-2011, 02:38 PM

cuz is on a distinguished road

On another note, Burc got back to me after and stated that he will send me another package with the missing frags, no questions asked. So that's very good and, yes, I know we are ahead of the game compared to the usual experience - maybe an indication of some change???[/quote]

I ran down that road as well. A year later I recieved $50 worth of zoas to replace $300 of dead frags and was asked to pay the shipping for them!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:58 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

sarcasm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Or an indication he's aware of the publicity he's receiving and trying extra hard because of it?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags.com View Post
sarcasm?
No, not at all. I surmise that he may be aware of this thread and trying harder than his typical effort.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:18 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
No, not at all. I surmise that he may be aware of this thread and trying harder than his typical effort.

+1 guarantee it, we all know he watches these threads to see what people here are still sayng...

glad you guys got your order but in my mind sending more frags later isnt good business when he simply could have sent them the first time??