Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 05-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Yeah, I noticed the lymphocystis last night too. He didn't have that before yesterday, it came out of nowhere. I was kind of concerned about it but lymphocystis is viral and other than managing your water quality there sort of isn't a whole lot you can do about it, or so I've read. In the past I've had new fish have it, and it would go away in a few weeks or months. But then he didn't eat last night, which isn't like him, so I knew something was up with that. But yeah shortly after I tried uploading the carpet pics, he just literally laid down on the bottom and that was it.

And Randi no you didn't jinx it. Don't say that. If it was his time, it was just his time.

I shouldn't even have mentioned it since this is a group order thread and should be more about "w00t w00t" type posts now but I was just ... I dunno, I'm not having a real good day here. Sorry to be such a downer guys (and gal). I promise to post pictures of the carpet tonight, it at least was looking nicely settled in this morning.

That really sucks that you lost your CBB!! Sorry to hear that. It goes from excitement to disappointment at the same time. I hope at least you are happy with your new Carpet?....

On the note of CBB's, I have decided not to bring any more in as it is the consensus from the majority of aquarists that they do not do well in captivity. Which compounds the understanding of your loss as you have had yours for over 3 years and thriving. Sorry again for your loss...

Ian.

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Ian-; 05-07-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:59 PM

Pazil is on a distinguished road

Here are 2 pictures of the new frags I got .... I am extremely pleased with both pieces...Thanks Ian.

Cheers
Lawrence
Old 05-07-2009, 08:30 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Wow.. That acro really is jawdropping..
Old 05-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazil View Post
Here are 2 pictures of the new frags I got .... I am extremely pleased with both pieces...Thanks Ian.

Cheers
Lawrence
Lawrence,

Those Zoas are nice hey? I have not Id'd them yet but they are very rare; in fact, you received one of only 3-4 frags of those that I have available.

You said you wanted something rare!!

That Prostrata will grown very quickly for you! Give it plenty of flow!!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals View Post
Lawrence,

Those Zoas are nice hey? I have not Id'd them yet but they are very rare; in fact, you received one of only 3-4 frags of those that I have available.

You said you wanted something rare!!

That Prostrata will grown very quickly for you! Give it plenty of flow!!
Yeah Ian I have been trying to ID them aswell...no luck yet but they are stunning. Everything is coming together nicely.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:40 PM

Phanman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazil View Post
Yeah Ian I have been trying to ID them aswell...no luck yet but they are stunning. Everything is coming together nicely.
are those not the lariats you have on the site?

3x20g Display Established June 08|Koralia nano, 1, 4|Euroreef Skimmer|250W MH retro kit|Mag 18 return|RODI
120g Display Established Jan 1, 09|Vortech MP40|Koralia 4|I-Tech 100 w Tunze 9410.04A|Aquactinics Constellation 7x54W|Mag 18 return|RODI
Old 05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanman View Post
are those not the lariats you have on the site?

Nope! Lariats are not the same..... They have similar attributes but the colors are different!

Unidentified!

Lariats!

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Ian-; 05-07-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:06 PM

So sorry to hear that Tony....you were sooooo excited to get the carpet and then this happens, kind of puts a damper on it.....chin up bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
TOTAL buzz kill here ... I got completely blindsided by this too. My CBB passed away last night. Had him nearly 3 years. I'm truly amazed at how quickly fish "check out" when their time is up. He was fine up to about his final 3 hours.

Otherwise, my carpet was looking fine this morning, but literally, I'm sort of crying here. He was such a favourite fish. And given the current state of CBB's that I keep hearing, I don't think I will try another.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:50 AM

jepree is on a distinguished road

thanks agin for the drop off and thanks much for the organizations for this!!! the superman is already out and freaking AWESOME! thought it was over hyped but with a fluorescent blue mat and nice deep pastel red polyps I LOVE THIS THING!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

ill post pics later tonight.

did i say THANK YOU yet? lol
Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Pictures from tonight. Settling in nicely. And .. and and and! He ATE!!!!

Ian I think you are my new best friend.