Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-25-2009, 11:07 PM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

as always your tank is looking very clean, looks like you switched over to zoas, to bad your not in edmonton, could use a frag of a few of those. everything looks great. i think we need a close up fts so we can see all the corals.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:49 PM

LeeR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to LeeR

haha ya it is more of a zoa tank. there cheaper then clams, once im workin again i will work on my clam collection again.. i cant get a good close up fts, they always end up blurry. if anyones got tips for d40X let me know
Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Great clean setup.

No fish in there? Sorry if this is answered already. I don't see any but maybe they're good at hiding? Just curious. I have a similarly shallow tank (12") for my carpet but because of the two ocellaris in there I keep eggcrate on top because I'm paranoid about jumpers. I don't know how much a concern it legitimately is since they never leave their carpet anyhow .. but man alive it looks like ... butt. I hate having the eggcrate there I just wish I could figure out a different way.

Last edited by Delphinus; 03-26-2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: me haf reel gud spellings and gramr and stuf
Old 03-26-2009, 12:19 AM

i hear ya, its a real pain trying to find fish that wont jump. the only fish in the tank is a damsel that was ment as food for my frogfish.. the frogfish never ate it.. when i get a bit more money i would like 5 or so blue eyed cardinals.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:17 AM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

its kinda wierd because ive bought fish that are supposed to jump, and had no cover what so ever, and they never jumped it was an open top with a hanging pendant above it, maybe just give them the freedom and they will never feel like they need to i dont know. just take it off and see.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:21 PM

pastout is on a distinguished road

tank is looking preety awesome man. i cant belive the diffrence in it since i picked up that asm mini g of you and it was just a bunch of panes of glass haha. how arte you likeing that tunze skimmer?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:30 PM

haha what a mess that was. the skimmer is good, pulls a good amount of funk outa the water.. id really like to get my hands on one of the euro-reef nanos they look like a pretty decent skimmer too
Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 PM

ya im looking for a skimmer for a 20 gallon with a 10 gallon sump i was gonna throw in the asm mini g but thats a litle bit of overkill haha, plus would fill 75% of the sump
Old 03-26-2009, 09:28 PM

ya? im sure the tunze nano would work fine for that i think its rated to 30g lightly stalked... i cant really remember or you could try the bubble magus BQQ that thing looks pretty cool.

just got back from AA and got a big probably 4" long chunk of pokerstar monti for $60.. seemed like a good deal hopefully i wont kill it
Old 03-27-2009, 06:44 AM

ya i have been looking at the bubble magnus im vbery tempted haha id need to make a custon sump then something over 14 inchs tall it needs 13.5 inchs of water to mount in minimum