Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 03-14-2011, 12:46 AM

Judy Waytiuk is on a distinguished road

it will be soooooooooo nice to see those lights in their proper glory. The corals are already loving the light-- bigger, puffier, and i have never seen such great colour.
wowowowowow
Monday morning: the splitter box is here! plugged it in and it is working perfectly on both sides-- plug ins and lighting unit connection.
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. now that is pretty.
double wow.
boy, are the corals happy. and so am I! Thank you, ALBERT!!!

Last edited by Judy Waytiuk; 03-15-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 PM

TJSlayer is on a distinguished road

What size would one reccomend for a 75 gallon setup?

the 3ft or 4ft model?

Thanks
TJ
75G, 100 lbs LR, Inwatter Stingray LED's, 25 Gallon Sump, 24wt UV, hermits, Snails, pep, fire & cleaner shrimps, Blue Throat Trigger, Perc Clowns , Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty, Blue Regal tang, RBTA, Coral Banded Shrimp, Checkerboard Wrasse, Many Corals, Royal Tux Urchin
Old 03-18-2011, 09:55 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Waytiuk View Post
it will be soooooooooo nice to see those lights in their proper glory. The corals are already loving the light-- bigger, puffier, and i have never seen such great colour.
wowowowowow
Monday morning: the splitter box is here! plugged it in and it is working perfectly on both sides-- plug ins and lighting unit connection.
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. now that is pretty.
double wow.
boy, are the corals happy. and so am I! Thank you, ALBERT!!!
Jud y I need to come to your place and see the lights
Old 03-19-2011, 01:57 AM

Judy Waytiuk is on a distinguished road

sure thing. let me know when you want to swing by...

re what size for 75 gallon-- what is the tank's depth and footprint?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:36 PM

TJSlayer is on a distinguished road

Tank is your standard 48 x 18 x 18 or 20 I think....
75G, 100 lbs LR, Inwatter Stingray LED's, 25 Gallon Sump, 24wt UV, hermits, Snails, pep, fire & cleaner shrimps, Blue Throat Trigger, Perc Clowns , Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty, Blue Regal tang, RBTA, Coral Banded Shrimp, Checkerboard Wrasse, Many Corals, Royal Tux Urchin
Old 03-21-2011, 11:47 PM

AquaticFinatic is on a distinguished road

A 3' will be more than fine for your tank.

Loudest part of my system would be the nagging sound I hear on a regular basis about how much time and money I spend on the tank.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:00 PM

abcha0s is on a distinguished road

Hey TheDogFather

The first post in this thread was 7/7/2010. You've had your light for over 8 months now. Are you seeing any coral growth? - Do you have any progression pictures for the last 8 months?

There are lots of Vertex Illuminia owners on this thread now. Has anyone had good growth?

For what it's worth, I am now also a 260 owner. I'll put pictures in my thread sometime in the next week. No doubt it's a nice light, but I sure hope the corals like it!

- Brad
Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 PM

azulikit is on a distinguished road

Anyone trying to use Vertex lighting on a Mac? I have been unable get the web based programming to work on Mac and sadly I had to pull out the old PC to run the software. It is supposed to be supported by Mac but it doesn't work. At least his is the case for me and a few others I have come across.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:37 AM

abcha0s is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcha0s View Post
Hey TheDogFather

The first post in this thread was 7/7/2010. You've had your light for over 8 months now. Are you seeing any coral growth? - Do you have any progression pictures for the last 8 months?

There are lots of Vertex Illuminia owners on this thread now. Has anyone had good growth?

For what it's worth, I am now also a 260 owner. I'll put pictures in my thread sometime in the next week. No doubt it's a nice light, but I sure hope the corals like it!

- Brad
Is no news good or bad?

TheDogFather, I'm really hoping that you've been busy and haven't had the time to catch up on Canreef. There is a lot of positive feedback around how great the Vertex technology is. So much so that I personally made the investment in an 260 - SR1800. However, I can't find any credible sources that can show good coral growth. With the lights having been available for almost a year now, I am hopeful that we start getting some reports back about amazing growth. As one of the biggest proponents of the Vertex Illumina name, please share your experience with us.

This thread, and your posting on RC, has been some of the biggest sources of information for the Vertex Illumina technology. Let's try to get some feedback from those who have invested in this technology and let people know if the Vertex LED technology is suitable for reef tanks.

Your tank looked awesome 8 months ago! - Can you share a recent picture?

- Brad
Old 04-01-2011, 02:38 PM

AquaticFinatic is on a distinguished road

Well I have no pictures to show but this light is awesome! I have had some good growth with my 5' 260. Friends have given me corals that were on the verge on death and now they are going strong. I have had my light since Jan and have had no problems with it.

Loudest part of my system would be the nagging sound I hear on a regular basis about how much time and money I spend on the tank.