Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-07-2008, 10:43 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/attac...6&d=1204924147

Neat barge, brother was an engineer on the self propelled Haida's Brave and Monarch
Old 03-07-2008, 10:59 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
One could call it that . Its basically a couple of shipping containers joined together and modified to create flashover conditions without killing the guys inside in the process. Gives us an idea of what the conditions and indicators of a pending flashover look like so we know when its possibly going to happen and we can make our exit if we should ever come face to face with it in real live fires. A flashover is basically everything erupting into fire simultaneously. Its very very bad if your inside.

Where is your brother working? Is he here in Calgary too? If so perhaps I know him, although with the number of new hires in the past few years, there are more guys I don't know now.
Yeah he is here in Calgary, he just moved stations again this past week. He is still a relatively new hire I guess, he is up for that big test review here soon.

He was the newbie who got pranked his first night on shift pretty bad. They put broken glass around and in his new truck and rolled down the window. They waited for him to finish shift, and find the mess. When he found the mess, a senior man told him about the "emergency window" and how its in all the new trucks, in case of window damage. So they rolled up the window and sent him on his way. My brother believed them for a few minutes to I hear.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:04 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabong View Post
I'm a service tech for Whites Mfg
Cool Kabong. I dive a Whites and Love it.

I'm a Service Supervisor for a company called Noritsu. We Are the people that make all the 1Hr Photo Lab equipment. Odds are if you have pictures they where printed on a Noritsu

J
Old 03-08-2008, 12:06 AM

G1GY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderWorldAquatics View Post
Which shop do you sling ink for?
Cheers!
I used to do a couple of sittings a week @ Finesse Tattoo Works, but have a great little studio at home now. I have top of the pile everything.

Micky sharpz, Paul Rogers, Little Vic's and Hildebrandt irons, Intenze colors(The entire line.), Hospital grade sterilization with monthly spore testing and of course complete barrier between clients and anything used in my studio.

I really enjoy my little artspace.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
Old 03-08-2008, 04:00 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

I work at a daycare in the infant room, and I love my job 99.9% of the time
Old 03-08-2008, 04:24 AM

Cameron is on a distinguished road

For the oil and gas guys, are your companies publicly traded? What are the ticker symbols?
Old 03-08-2008, 04:26 AM

Palster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
How long have you been with Kelowna FD? I've just finished 18 years here in Calgary and had 8 years as a volunteer prior to that.

I've done several courses towards my NFPA 1021 certificate over the past year. The exam I have up coming is the departments promotional exam. Makes me eligible for promotion when I pass it. I should have my 1021 finished by the end of the year, and will start acting as a Lt. fairly soon.

The flashover simulator is a very cool training tool. We use one here too. It is a wee bit warm in there. Our training division now has special heat reflective covers for some of the gear when we use it. Melted a lot of helmets and SCBA parts in the past. Better to learn about the dangers in that environment than for real. Not too many get to live to tell about seeing that in actual fire conditions.
I have been with the Kelowna Fire Dept. for 10 years full time and 5 years as a volunteer before that. I actually lived at one of the fire halls as a live in volunteer for a couple of years before I got on full time. I have been a training officer for the last two years and prior to that worked as a firefighter.

We have had our flashover simulator for a few years now and I believe it is the only one in B.C. A few of our own guys with steel fabricating backgrounds built the simulator after we purchased the shipping container. I was actually just in it on Wednesday night with a group of trainees. On Monday we will be spending the day with this class in the burn building doing their live fire evaluation.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:30 AM

ReefJunkie is on a distinguished road

I work for the Regional District in the parks department. I build and maintain trails, parks, and campgrounds on the Sunshine Coast. I also help out at our cross country ski area.
Dakota Ridge

My office
Old 03-08-2008, 04:48 AM

skylord is on a distinguished road

I am a systems/network engineer. Self employed and probably should fire myself and hire someone whos givadamn isnt broken.

Scott
Old 03-08-2008, 06:03 AM

cprowler is on a distinguished road

I work on Tug Boats up and down the coast from Vancouver to the Queen Charlotte Islands. I work on the fuel barges delivering gas, diesel, propane, Av gas and Jet fuel to logging camps, fishing lodges and small villages.

Here are three of our boats at the dock in the Fraser River.

One of our barges.

A Humpback.

A Orca.

A Pacific White side Dolphin.