Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 08-02-2010, 11:18 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

whats your mg at man.....and do you dose potassium?.......frag off a few nubs(cut well into the living coral) before the stn progresses any further.....sometimes you can stop the stn-ing by crazy glueing the edge of the living and dead tissue......
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 08-02-2010, 11:25 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
whats your mg at man.....and do you dose potassium?.......frag off a few nubs(cut well into the living coral) before the stn progresses any further.....sometimes you can stop the stn-ing by crazy glueing the edge of the living and dead tissue......
Last time I tested Mag (About a week ago) it was at 1350ppm (Elos test kit), I picked up some of the tailored aquatics Pot 80 but really haven't dosed it religiously. Thanks for the tips Doug, I will try that tonight on a few of them see If I can't reverse the damage.

I can't even imagine having my whole tank crash this is driving me a little crazy with just a few of my SPS! How's the tank running for you man? Have you transferred any of the livestock back from Xtreams tank?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 PM

Couple Updates:

Well my parameters are finally where they should be (At least with the big 3), I have purchased the Prodibio Reef kit of Oceanic corals and will see how this works to lower my nitrate level (Currently resting at 20ppm). I re-aquascaped the tank after the crash and I'm very happy with how it's looking.

I will grab some photos when I get my camera back but I decided to go with 2 giant islands, one containing all my chalices and the other the fragments of my SPS. On the good side I have a whack load of room for some coral, I think I will be placing a bunch of frags in place to see what sort of growth I can get out of the system.

Coral is forgiving but only to a certain stress point .

Last edited by Zoaelite; 08-14-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:01 AM

Added my prodiBio to the tank today and snapped a couple photos after the lights were off. The zoas are with there night light and I quickly turned the actinics on for the main tank.

Its a little early to see but after 3 weeks of dosing Reef Booster my zoas seem to be a fair bit plumper and healthier looking. Really excited to see what the rest of the line will do, hopefully I can drop my Nitrates down to zero.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:14 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

dear god. chalice central

looking good dude
Old 08-14-2010, 05:15 PM

Thanks man! I hope your new condo is coming along well, excited to see your multiple 60g system . Chalices are always so much fun to watch color up, they walked out of the crash pretty unscathed but they did loose a bunch of color from it.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:22 PM

Wingin It is on a distinguished road

Sweet, SWEET, SWEET!!! Some day i'll have a Zoa tank too...lol Some day...*sigh*
I really liked your tank before, and I really like your tank now! Great job! But where'd all the fish go??!! Are there that many hidey holes?
Old 08-14-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin It View Post
Sweet, SWEET, SWEET!!! Some day i'll have a Zoa tank too...lol Some day...*sigh*
I really liked your tank before, and I really like your tank now! Great job! But where'd all the fish go??!! Are there that many hidey holes?
Thanks, by that time my tank should be nice and grown in so I will have many a frag to spare. All the fish are sleeping, took the photo at around 1:00am.

Last edited by Zoaelite; 08-20-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:27 AM

Bought a new MP40W to increase flow in the main tank, the tangs really seem to like the extra flow. I also reaquascaped the zoa tank and added a few new additions.

Couple new Red Long finned wrasses.

Last edited by Zoaelite; 08-24-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:31 AM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

looks great

360 Reef Tank