Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia

Old 09-04-2015, 05:50 PM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom R View Post
With you being almost the only people in the GVRD lucky enough to have power I hope you ran out and bought a couple of 6/49 tickets.

Yes I believe your generator is the same as mine and I used it for my freezer & refrigerator. As I hand not used mine in quite awhile I had trouble starting it with old gas. My neighbour gave me a couple of litres of new gas that I added to the old and away she went.
I guess you should start it up every once in a while to test it out.

Tom R
If you use only premium gas without alcohol, it will not deteriorate as quickly. As well if you add fuel stabilizer the gas will last at least a year. Can tire has stabilizer or buy elsewhere.
That is good insurance not only for your generator, but your lawnmower and weedwhacker, as well. They will start easier in the spring.
Another trick is to shut off the fuel and run the carb dry before storing engines.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:43 PM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillegom View Post
If you use only premium gas without alcohol, it will not deteriorate as quickly. As well if you add fuel stabilizer the gas will last at least a year. Can tire has stabilizer or buy elsewhere.
That is good insurance not only for your generator, but your lawnmower and weedwhacker, as well. They will start easier in the spring.
Another trick is to shut off the fuel and run the carb dry before storing engines.
Good to know
Old 09-06-2015, 12:23 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Careful with 2 stroke engines that use gas/oil mix though, running them dry can cause premature engine wear or even have them seize up!