Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals > Everything Pellets

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterfloth View Post
What long term experience is there with this product and SPS? They sound intriguing, but having invested heavily in SPS and recognizing their sensitivity to changes of any kind, I am hesitant to try them.

I already run zeolites with bacteria and a carbon source. How would you suggest implementing this product to my ULNS tank?
Since the product is fairly new to the market I am not aware of any really long term studies on the product; however, the creator of the product has been using the pellets for a long time with very positive results.

I run the pellets in conjunction with Zeovit as does many others that has bought the pellets. It is almost impossible to overdose the pellets as their nutrient reduction mechanism is self limited by the amount of nutrients in the water.

As always we always recommend starting at half amount recommended then doubling it within 3-4 weeks.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:54 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterfloth View Post
What long term experience is there with this product and SPS? They sound intriguing, but having invested heavily in SPS and recognizing their sensitivity to changes of any kind, I am hesitant to try them.

I already run zeolites with bacteria and a carbon source. How would you suggest implementing this product to my ULNS tank?
Personally, I can't really see that there would be an issue with SPS with what I've seen and read so far.

You would want to run the pellets in a separate reactor such as a Phosban reactor or similar, regardless of using Zeo or not. That was my key learning in my experiment in this thread: The pellets only work when fluidized and anything that interferes with that will reduce their effectiveness or defeat them altogether.

The real question though is if you run zeovit already, you may not really need to run the pellets as you should already have a tank with low nutrients. However to flip things around, I wonder how these pellets will affect sales of zeovit startups because they are easier to use, cheaper, less labour intensive, but still equally effective at reducing nutrients. The only thing I can think of to speak to that is that zeovit (and ultralith and etc etc) are not "just" about reducing nutrients so there is still value in those systems.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:01 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Personally, I can't really see that there would be an issue with SPS with what I've seen and read so far.

You would want to run the pellets in a separate reactor such as a Phosban reactor or similar, regardless of using Zeo or not. That was my key learning in my experiment in this thread: The pellets only work when fluidized and anything that interferes with that will reduce their effectiveness or defeat them altogether.

The real question though is if you run zeovit already, you may not really need to run the pellets as you should already have a tank with low nutrients. However to flip things around, I wonder how these pellets will affect sales of zeovit startups because they are easier to use, cheaper, less labour intensive, but still equally effective at reducing nutrients. The only thing I can think of to speak to that is that zeovit (and ultralith and etc etc) are not "just" about reducing nutrients so there is still value in those systems.
So then, the million dollar question Tony, is, are you going to ditch the zeo? You started the pellets with the zeo right? Do you plan to ditch the zeo and just run the pellets or do you plan to continue running both ?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:19 AM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by don.ald View Post
i will try 500ml
Ian do you sell MJ1200 powerheads?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Moved on

Quote:
Ian do you sell MJ1200 powerheads?
We do! $27.99. We have some coming in next week. 1200's only. I will load some on the website.

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Ian-; 02-11-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:26 AM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals-Ian- View Post
We do! $27.99. We have some coming in next week. 1200's only.
if possible put one with my pellets and i will pay when its on the website!
please and thanks!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Moved on

Quote:
if possible put one with my pellets and i will pay when its on the website!
please and thanks!
Already uploaded to the site. I have a list a mile long of products we need to upload; however, I just have not had time to get through it all!!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Moved on

Update! AGAIN.

We are still waiting for our large order of Biopellets to arrive, it seems the manufacturer is having difficulties keeping up with demand on these Pellets. We should see our order late this week and will ship out all orders at once.

If you have ordered Pellets from us we appreciate your patience!

O.C.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:00 AM

blubblub is on a distinguished road
Default bio pellets avaleble

---

Last edited by blubblub; 02-27-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:02 AM

blubblub is on a distinguished road
Default bio pellets avaleble

do you get them from the states that is taking so long befor you get them in?, ore direct from the manuf.,
Closed Thread